Do you believe that KISS (Keep It Short and Simple) principle works for the market?

• 19% (10)
  • 19% (10)
  • 26% (14)
  • 19% (10)
  • 19% (10)
Total voters: 54

In my humble opinion, any simple strategy based on good indicators, but also simple, can generate good results.

The difference may lie in the fact that complex strategies based in complex systems may have higher chances of succeeding.

What is your opinion?

figurelli:

In my humble opinion, any simple strategy based on good indicators, but also simple, can generate good results.

The difference may lie in the fact that complex strategies based in complex systems may have higher chances of succeeding.

What is your opinion?

In my experience, all strategies works. However, its performance is subject to market movement at that period of time. Meaning to say, volatility and movement range is the root cause to one system performance. Of course, adopt a complex strategy would have better result in the end. Example, take 2 types of trade management and compare them, the result can be significant that a multiple/enhanced trade management contributes better result than just a single position with target and stop loss. Another example is pyramid trade management could have higher chance of success to shot up equity curve. 

figurelli:

What is your opinion?

http://www.flyingcoloursmaths.co.uk/portfolio-post/quotable-maths-brahe/

Quotable maths: Brahe - Flying Colours Maths
Quotable maths: Brahe - Flying Colours Maths
  • www.flyingcoloursmaths.co.uk
Mathematical Truth prefers simple words since the language of Truth is itself simple – Tycho Brahe Colin Colin is a Weymouth maths tutor, author of several Maths For Dummies books and A-level maths guides. He started Flying Colours Maths in 2008. He lives with an espresso pot and nothing to prove.

figurelli:

What is your opinion?

Hello,

Although I am not great expert on the subject, for manual trading I think we should keep it simple with simple indicators, but with a good feeling that provides the speed of reactions in different situations.
Personally, I appreciateany indications Bollinger Bands and pivot points , but I have not found my feeling.

I also think that more complex strategies and systems are more likely to succeed with robots that calculate and react much faster than we poor humans who design ... :-)
However, it is best to always keep an eye on robots that when important announcements , never stop there or the like.

Hope to hear from you.

http://izquotes.com/quote/209196

"Truth is simple. They who say that truth is complicated deceive themselves, and the truth is not in them."
―Henri Barbusse

Henri Barbusse
Henri Barbusse
  • izquotes.com
Henri Barbusse

Depends on how good mathematician person is. Good mathematics are priceless even if complex, as math is the key to understanding universe, our economic and politic systems and generally our changing world. Math+history together are invincible. KISS rule is always something worth to remember though, especially when you are fairly new to trading or for example stuck improving that old EA that used to work better in older versions when it was simpler ;)

I never created a poll with as balanced opinions and votes, thank you all for the great contributions, much to learn from them.