MQL4/MQL5 limitation

Hello forum

I wish to have an opinion of experienced developers here about when someone wants to build an EA based on visual trading, i've been given many answers on personal jobs that the one that im asking for is hard to be coded because of MQL4 limitations 

My questions are:-

will these limitations be surpassed if i chose MQL5 instead?

do limitations of visual trading put in an EA only exist due to coding using MQL languages? or in other words is it possible to surpass the limitation if a code was made by C++ instead, i heard it can be done through DLL files

Is it possible to make a full working program through another programming language that monitors the market through getting data from MT4 then trade the same way i as a human do?

Maybe its smart to describe what limitations.

Marco vd Heijden:

Maybe its smart to describe what limitations.

One programmer said the results won't be the same because the algorithm will see things different than the human eyes

Another said that its difficult to be done due to the visual trading part

A third programmer said that each part needs testing thats why it will be hard to code

I don't have the technicality of a programmer of course so i can't explain further more when it comes to what are the limitations, im repeating what i heard, but if there is limitations that can be over-passed by another language i might  start thinking about a software company and pay a price to get a full program, otherwise i will be wasting time

The problem is with the translation of what you visualize, into a rule based system. If you are not able to give the rules, of what you visualize from a chart. No programmer is going to be able to produce the desired outcome, and would only end in a dispute.

In essence it is not a MQL limitation, nor a programmer limitation. It is the problem of the visualizer, not being aware of all subconscience decision making going on and thus can not capture this in a simple rule based procedure for the programmer to realize. 

Any sane programmer will refuse, or give an excuse.

Enrique Dangeroux:

The problem is with the translation of what you visualize, into a rule based system. If you are not able to give the rules, of what you visualize from a chart. No programmer is going to be able to produce the desired outcome, and would only end in a dispute.

In essence it is not a MQL limitation, nor a programmer limitation. It is the problem of the visualizer, not being aware of all subconscience decision making going on and thus can not capture this in a simple rule based procedure for the programmer to realize. 

Any sane programmer will refuse, or give an excuse.

Thank you that might be helpful, i'll try a different approach then

Any further ideas on this?

CrisZind:

Any further ideas on this?

I think @Enrique Dangeroux described the situation very well.

Perhaps you might begin learning to code simple indicators and EA's. You would then have a better idea of what is possible, and you would be better skilled to communicate your ideas to a developer.

Anthony Garot:

I think @Enrique Dangeroux described the situation very well.

Perhaps you might begin learning to code simple indicators and EA's. You would then have a better idea of what is possible, and you would be better skilled to communicate your ideas to a developer.

Was thinking about that tbh, how long would it take to learn MQL4 and should i go straight ahead to MQL5 instead since there might be broader possibility of coding or is it better to learn MQL4

P.S im a medical career professional, i thought its important to give this information as it might help estimate the time

Well you can take it as far as you like.

There have developed systems that can read human writing with a 98,9% score so it depends not on what can be done, but how far you (can) take it.

CrisZind:

... how long would it take to learn MQL4 and should i go straight ahead to MQL5 instead since there might be broader possibility of coding or is it better to learn MQL4

Well MT5(MQL5) is the newer product and the one that is upgraded and kept up to date even with articles (a wonderful source!!) - while for MT4(MQL4) only errors are eliminated once and while, but as far as I know there are more brokers for MT4 than MT5.

To get an idea how long it might take to learn programming take an EA from here and study its code by changing it and see what is happening.

Two hints:

1. If you see a function that you don't understand place the cursor above it and press F1 before you ask here - this takes milliseconds to get an answer.
  2. If you still don't understand start searching (top right) or google - this takes some minutes to get an answer.
  3. If you ask here this might take some hours until s.o. reads and answers you question!

CrisZind:

should i go straight ahead to MQL5 instead

Does your broker handle MQL4 or MQL5 or both?