Issue with Optimization on Strategy Tester

Hi there,

Someone could explain me how the optimization on strategy tester works? I have been doing some tests and when I need to use three variables I have an inconsistent in results. Every time I do an trade I write a file that is unique to that series of simulation, but I could perceive that some files are missing. For example, I should have one file and it is missing. But when I turn off the optimization and set up the simulation to that case the file is generated correctly.

Thank you!

rlucca:

Hi there,

Someone could explain me how the optimization on strategy tester works? I have been doing some tests and when I need to use three variables I have an inconsistent in results. Every time I do an trade I write a file that is unique to that series of simulation, but I could perceive that some files are missing. For example, I should have one file and it is missing. But when I turn off the optimization and set up the simulation to that case the file is generated correctly.

Thank you!

I perceive after I wrote this that I didn't check with the genetic algorithm is off. I'll check this.

rlucca:
I perceive after I wrote this that I didn't check with the genetic algorithm is off. I'll check this.

Yeah! Genetic algorithm was on.