There certainly is a Holy Grail! - page 15

PennySeven:

Sterile discussion? 

Holy Grail for 07-03-2018

HOLY GRAIL FOR 08-03-2018

HOLY GRAIL trading for three days in a row? Yes!!

Sterile discussion?

No. :-)

See for yourself.

There certainly is a Holy Grail!

You are just too lazy to develop it. That is absolutely normal. Very, very human. You are one of us. I am one with you. 

I simply needed to develop it. So, I developed it. Plain and simple. Not really. I don´t know why I managed to develop it. :-) I cannot explain why I developed it besides the fact that I needed to develop it for financial reasons. :-) So, I developed it. Maybe other people do not really need to develop a Holy Grail for financial reasons. I have to. So, I did. How did I manage to do it? I don´t really know. I cannot pinpoint the reasons why I managed to develop a Holy Grail. But, I did. 

Ok. So, I have this crazy belief that a trader has the intellectual responsibility to try to develop a Holy Grail as a default mode. That does not mean that a trader with that lunatic belief will be able to develop a Holy Grail. But, I did. How did it come about? I don´t know. I simply do things instinctively. So, there is no scientific explanation for me being able to develop a Holy Grail, besides the fact I am a normal human being, meaning anything is possible. 

So, there you have it. :-)

The MACD paycheck is a grail by itself.

Icham Aidibe:

The MACD paycheck is a grail by itself.

NOT the MACD with DEFAULT (12, 26, 9) parameters

PennySeven:

NOT the MACD with DEFAULT (12, 26, 9) parameters. No, sir. Never.  In my humble experience (10 812 hours - and counting). :-)

It needs a lot of hard work and a lot of correct imagination to get to the Holy Grail parameters. 

Without spitting on your effort ... 

• Draft an EA with standard macd signals with the assistant inside metaeditor - Select MACD Sample 
  • Optimize it!

It takes <15 minutes :-/

Icham Aidibe:

• Draft an EA with standard macd signals with the assistant inside metaeditor
  • Optimize it!

:-) 

Thanks.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

There certainly is a Holy Grail!

Icham Aidibe, 2018.03.08 18:31

• Draft an EA with standard macd signals with the assistant inside metaeditor - Select MACD Sample 
  • Optimize it!

Very concretly, it'll watch for the chart you're watching and take the same decision you're taking when you see a signal.

You'll come to that alone, tired of watching @ chart, you'll wishes alert, then you'll wish alert on your phone, then you'll want it automated.

Icham Aidibe:

Thank you. 

Icham Aidibe:

Very concretly, it'll watch for the chart you're watching and take the same decision you're taking when you see a signal.

You'll come to that alone, tired of watching @ chart, you'll wishes alert, then you'll wish alert on your phone, then you'll want it automated.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. 

PennySeven:

I fundamentally believe manual trading is 100 trillion times better than an EA. See the daily profits for the last three Holy Grail days above. 

I may look at it in the future. What you are telling me is important to me. I thank you for that. I have to go step by step. You are ahead of me. I am coming from behind. Step by step. 

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. 

Yeah ... then when it comes to EA, you try the be 100 times more efficient ... in the code i mean, purpose being to generate more profit, but is it still about profit ? 

Icham Aidibe:

Yeah ... then when it comes to EA, you try the be 100 times more efficient ... in the code i mean, purpose being to generate more profit, but is it still about profit ? 

As everyone knows, mathematically there is an absolute limit in profit you can make in the market - without leverage and compounding. 

PennySeven:

As everyone knows, mathematically there is an absolute limit in profit you can make in the market - without leverage and compounding. The only way you can make more profit is first,  with leverage and secondly with compounding. I only use 50 leverage. Maybe it is because I am older than that. :-).

Obviously, I have to compound 100% on my live account, 100% of the time - in the beginning. 

With leverage you can make a lot more and you can lose a lot more. So, you have to be 100% sure that you are going to be profitable before you increase your leverage. 50 is my number for leveraging. I do not plan to increase it because compounding is what is actually important.

Compounding is where the real money is made. Compounding is money for nothing, just like leveraging. Free money. Both compounding and leveraging. Obviously, at a risk. We are here for that risk. We want risk. We are looking for risk. If you do not like risk, don´t trade forex. As they say: if you don´t like the heat, get out of the kitchen. :-) We read the risk with indicators. I never trade the price. I only trade the customized MACD signals, a very sophisticated indicator together with the 10 crossing 50 moving average pair, very, very basic Japanese candles analysis and other rules. 

There is a way to completely remove the psychological effect of compounding. It is very simple - in the EuroDollar market. 

you look happy with this strategy, don't change.