Suggestion

We need an app like this for mql5 on iOS

Continuous .NET C# and F# IDE by Krueger Systems, Inc.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/continuous-net-c-and-f-ide/id1095213378?mt=8

The link above is to an app that allows programming c# and f# on iOS. We need something similar for mql.

Stephen Njuki: We need an app like this for mql5 on iOS.

Continuous .NET C# and F# IDE by Krueger Systems, Inc.: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/continuous-net-c-and-f-ide/id1095213378?mt=8

The link above is to an app that allows programming c# and f# on iOS. We need something similar for mql.

Why? You can only run MQL on the desktop, so why code it on a phone or tablet?

If you really must, there is already many apps for text editing on iOS that recognise the C/C++ syntax which can easily be used to write MQL code.

You could even use the browser on your tablet, on the GitHub site which already supports MQL4/5 editing.

Fernando Carreiro:

Why? You can only run MQL on the desktop, so why code it on a phone or tablet?

If you really must, there is already many apps for text editing on iOS that recognise the C/C++ syntax which can easily be used to write MQL code.

You could even use the browser on your tablet, on the GitHub site which already supports MQL4/5 editing.

That app is more than a code editor. It would be a marked improvement from MetaEditor.

The desktop is no longer that critical. EAs run on VPS and even testing/ optimization is done on the cloud or customised VPS

Stephen Njuki:
That app is more than a code editor. It would be a marked improvement from MetaEditor.

The desktop is no longer that critical. EAs run on VPS and even testing/ optimization is done on the cloud or customised VPS

Here is an example of a Code Editor that works on multiple types of devices, including iOS and allows user configuration of file types and context coloring (just define one yourself for MQL):

Plus, you can use it in conjunction with GitHub which supports MQL 4 & 5 files.
Codeanywhere
Codeanywhere
  • codeanywhere.com
Codeanywhere is a Mobile IDE which includes a text, code also a markup editor and SSH terminal console, that has been redesigned and reengineered to be light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Connect to your VM or FTP, SFTP Servers, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3, Github or Bitbucket account and easily manipulate your resources, folders...

Fernando Carreiro:

Here is an example of a Code Editor that works on multiple types of devices, including iOS and allows user configuration of file types and context coloring (just define one yourself for MQL):

Just downloaded it. Let me see

Stephen Njuki:
Just downloaded it. Let me see
Thx

Fernando Carreiro:

Stephen Njuki:
Was able to sign up via website.

Stephen Njuki: Sign up error expected code (200-299) got 404

Did you read the documentation on the site?

Did you create an account for yourself on the website first?

Plus, I am not their Customer Support nor do I use the product. I simply used my head and Googled to find iOS editors, something you could have done yourself before posting!

Fernando Carreiro:

Did you read the documentation on the site?

Did you create an account for yourself on the website first?

Plus, I am not their Customer Support nor do I use the product. I simply used my head and Googled to find iOS editors, something you could have done yourself before posting!

I have already resolved this.

Please see above

Stephen Njuki:
I have already resolved this.

Please see above
And I was NOT looking for an IOS editor

I specifically suggested Metaquotes consider having their own editor rather than some generic app which is what you have brought up