TIME SETTINGS MT5

The Time Settings on MT5 is GMT +2 hours. Most Traders like to follow the NY Closing Time; therefore the Timing should be either NY Time or left to the Trader to adjust to suit the convenience. This facility to adjust is available on cTrader Platform which really helps if you are in a different Time Zone. Mental adjustment of Time is much easier and simpler.

aaloknigam:
The Time Settings on MT5 is GMT +2 hours. Most Traders like to follow the NY Closing Time; therefore the Timing should be either NY Time or left to the Trader to adjust to suit the convenience. This facility to adjust is available on cTrader Platform which really helps if you are in a different Time Zone. Mental adjustment of Time is much easier and simpler.

The time-zone is set to whatever your broker is using.

Broker says it is set by MQL :)

aaloknigam:

Broker says it is set by MQL :)

I think in this matter cTrader is better as it leaves the option to Trader rather than Broker. After all the Platform is for Trader and MUST be for their convenience.

aaloknigam: I think in this matter cTrader is better as it leaves the option to Trader rather than Broker. After all the Platform is for Trader and MUST be for their convenience.

Irrespective of what cTrader offers or not, is irrelevant because the fact is that you are using MetaTrader in this case, and it does not offer that possibility.

The TimeZone in effect and the date/time you see shown on the "Market Watch" window, comes from the Broker, not from the MetaTrader terminal.

So, go to the Broker's website and search their details and find out what TimeZone they are using!

Reference to cTrader offering this feature was only to emphasize the option of such a feature on another Platform.

According to my Broker and forums of some other Broker's this feature is not available on MetaTrader. Therefore,the Developer's at MQL have to look into it to incorporate this feature.

Btw, I checked with my Broker before posting this and his reply is pasted below:-

QUOTE:

Thank you very much for contacting  .................

This is not something  ...............can adjust.

Please be informed that this is a default option that comes from METAQUOTES.

METAQUOTES is the company that created the

MT5. You can contact them directly here:
http://www.teamwox.com/en/about/feedback

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

UNQUOTE:

Name of Broker blanked to maintain confidentiality.

Tried to contact the Support at Teamwox and waited for 30 minutes but no response. So decided to post it on this forum.

I hope I am able to explain the issue with a clearer perspective now.  

Contacts of MetaQuotes Software
Contacts of MetaQuotes Software
  • www.teamwox.com
Our representative offices are open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on week days. If you are interested in cooperation, please contact us and arrange a meeting with our representative. Irrespective...