Import Data to Metatrader

Hi all,

I have some close prices on excel and want export this data to Metatrader and create line chart. I not need open, high, low.

How this can be donne? 

Write an indicator that reads your file and displays the prices. If all you have is prices, how can it know which bar the prices applies?

Sorry not have code skills. I want to import some close prices to chart on Metatrader, This cannot be donne using easily way?

mohamedfeinz: Sorry not have code skills. I want to import some close prices to chart on Metatrader, This cannot be donne using easily way?

No! You can hire someone in the Freelance section to code it for you, or you can search the CodeBase or the Market for such functionality.

There is one Free Market product that I believe might be able to accomplish that but it is only for MetaTrader 5, not MetaTrader 4:

Technical Indicator Import CSV Pro
Technical Indicator Import CSV Pro
  • Diogo Seca
  • www.mql5.com
The Import CSV Pro transforms your spreadsheets into MT5 indicators. Got spreadsheets containing historical GDP Growth, Earnings, Interest Rates, etc? Good! Make them work for you, by plugging them into your own EAs and backtesting! How to use it Press WinKey+R and type in the following address: %APPDATA%\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\ Move...

mohamedfeinz:

Sorry not have code skills. I want to import some close prices to chart on Metatrader, This cannot be donne using easily way?

First option:

Learn to code.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

Second option:

Find something in the code base that will work for your needs.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code

Third option:

Find something in the market place that will work for your needs.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market

Fourth option:

Hire someone to do it for you for a realistic price.

https://www.mql5.com/en/job

Expert level programmers have spent numerous years of their lives learning to code and perfecting their skills.

It's unreasonable to expect them to do the work for free.

MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...

Sorry but all your answers not help me!

I have to learn code or  hire someone to create one metatrader chart using close prices from excel? 

mohamedfeinz: Sorry but all your answers not help me! I have to learn code or  hire someone to create one metatrader chart using close prices from excel? 

Yes! If nothing is available in the CodeBase or the Market, then yes - you are left with either learning to code or hiring someone to do it for you. The rates practiced in the Freelance section are very affordable! Have a look there and see for yourself.

Alternatively, contact the author of "Technical Indicator Import CSV Pro" and see if he can provide a version for MetaTrader 4. He is from Portugal as well if you prefer to communicate in Portuguese (your profile states that you are from Portugal).

Please understand, that what you want to do is not common practice and so is not a normal functionality of MetaTrader!

mohamedfeinz:

Sorry but all your answers not help me!

I have to learn code or  hire someone to create one metatrader chart using close prices from excel? 

Those are your options.

Either learn to code, find something that already exists, or HIRE someone to do the work for you.

Learn to code:

The basics of MQL programming can be learned in a day if you put a little effort into it.

If your preference is printed materials, mql4.com and mql5.com are excellent resources! They're full of freely available source codes to work from.

If your preference is video tutorials... A quick search of youtube.com using the search term MQL TUTORIAL brings up almost 6000 results for you to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mql+tutorial

Find something that already exists:

The MQL Market has thousands of items available.

The MQL CodeBase has thousands of items available.

Hire someone:

There are numerous programmers on this website which would be happy to assist you for a reasonable fee.

It is unreasonable to expect others to do your work for free, especially when you are unwilling to put forth even a minimal amount of effort to do it yourself.

Automated Trading and Strategy Testing
Automated Trading and Strategy Testing
  • www.mql5.com
Choose a suitable trading strategy and subscribe to it with a few clicks. All Signals are provided with detailed statistics and informative charts. Become a trading signal provider and sell subscriptions to thousands of traders around the world. With the Signals service, your successful strategy can generate income with a small start-up budget...

As has already been said, you have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.
          No free help
          urgent help.

if you just want to import data its very easy, on history center, you can import using csv files, its easy to create them on excel, if you need 

live data, then you need to create an indicator, like period converter, and import the file, yes it can be done

mrluck012:

if you just want to import data its very easy, on history center, you can import using csv files, its easy to create them on excel, if you need 

live data, then you need to create an indicator, like period converter, and import the file, yes it can be done

Hello,

I not need live data.

I try import the data using history center but nothing is displayed.... All the data in excel have to be in one column separated by comma? How can do this automatically on excel?