• 1% (2)
  • 9% (13)
  • 8% (11)
  • 3% (5)
  • 4% (6)
  • 8% (12)
Total voters: 38

Hello  World!

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself and do a survey to better understand what types of market analysis methods MQL5 forum members use in their strategies.

My name is Arthur, I spend most of my  free time trading currencies and learning about the financial markets and I have been doing so for the past 5 years.
I thought it would be interesting to see what do traders in this community take in to consideration when planning their trades and analyzing the market.

I tried to include a broad selection of methods and indicators in the poll answers, but unfortunately it is limited to 20 answers per poll, so I had to generalize the answers and strip it back to what I believe are the most common ones. If your strategy includes a method of analysis that is not listed in the answers you can write them in a comment.

Don’t be shy to start discussions on the subject.

Kind Regards,

Arthur

Currently, In my personal real account. I am using Technical Analysis (Indicators - Trend) vs. NEWS filter to avoid trading in High impact news minutes with no SL but with great Money Management (MM).

In addition, I hate using grid, martingale, and another bad techniques ... I like low frequent trading (LFT) as it is same profits and lowest possible risks.

Started in 21.6.2017 and till now getting more logical profits.

Indicators used: Heiken Ashi & Moving Averages

Arturas, I wish you a successful trade. I'm trying to recognize the trend on weekly charts. I'm looking for an entry point on H4. I take into account the news interest rates only and NonFarm. But I'm not a very successful trader yet.

It has all been done before you just need to find the writings about it.