Is My Code here Correct?

k

Mohammad Rizal Bin Rahmat: code the above correct?... MinimumSLPips is MODE_STOPLEVEL.
if(SL_Method==FixedStopLoss) StopLoss=StopLoss;
else if(SL_Method==PreviousCandle)StopLoss=(MathAbs(Ask-(MathMin(Low[1],Low[2])))/_point);
else if(SL_Method==PreviousCandle)MinimumSLPips=((Ask-MinimumSLPips)/_point);
  1. How can the third line ever execute?
  2. Since MinimumSLPips is a number in the range 0-20, what is the meaning of (1.23450-10)/0.00001?

Hello, instead of creating a new topic, I prefer to ask my (stupid) question here.. :)

Well, I am brand new in coding. I d like to create an EA which will run on MT4 using some indicators.

My question is simple. Do I need the mq4 files of my indicators to create an EA ? because on some indicators I'd like to use, I only have the ex4 files.

Best Regards

selgtrader:

Hello, instead of creating a new topic, I prefer to ask my (stupid) question here.. :)

Well, I am brand new in coding. I d like to create an EA which will run on MT4 using some indicators.

My question is simple. Do I need the mq4 files of my indicators to create an EA ? because on some indicators I'd like to use, I only have the ex4 files.

Best Regards

If you know how the indicator works, than you may create on your own. if not, you need the mq4 files...

Well, this indicator deals with harmonic patterns and I ve bought it... (so "of course", I dont have the source code).

Anyway, this indy gives alerts.

Do I need the mq4 file though ?

selgtrader: Anyway, this indy gives alerts.

You can't see or trigger on alerts. If you can find combination of buffer values and/or objects that correspond with the alerts, you can trigger on those.

Otherwise you'll need the mq4 to figure it out, or to add a buffer corresponding to alerts.

whroeder1:

You can't see or trigger on alerts. If you can find combination of buffer values and/or objects that correspond with the alerts, you can trigger on those.

Otherwise you'll need the mq4 to figure it out, or to add a buffer corresponding to alerts.

OkThank You so much.

I am going to check it out.. :)