Automated Trading Championship 2010: Registration Closed!

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published the new article: "Registration Closed!". We've been accepting applications for participation in the competition for about four months. As of the moment, 284 Expert Advisors have been approved for participation in the ATC 2010. Relatively few Expert Advisors has been accepted to compete these year and CEO of MetaQuotes Software Corp. says this is because the new MQL5 language differs much from MQL4. However, experienced developers have successfully moved to the new language and will take part in the Championship.

The article has been published on the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, in the News section.

The sponsors of the Championship are: Interbank FX LLC (IBFX), MIG BANK SA and FXCM (Forex Capital Markets LLC). The media sponsors are the TRADERS' journal and the Dow Jones information agency. The Organizer of the Championship is MetaQuotes Software Corp.

My Expert Advisor was submitted before the close of registration is it still going to be checked by a moderator and accepted to the Championship?

For my EA, the tester returned this message:

2010.09.26 05:41

1. Copy
   experts\frax27.ex5 ok
2. Compile
3. Configuration
   frax27 on EURUSD:M1 every tick 2010.01.01-2010.08.01
4. Start
   expert takes too long time (more than 15 minutes)

1 errors

This is the same ex5 file that was told to have no errors earlier! How is this possible?

Another problem is the testing of multicurrency EA. At the beginning, the MT5 takes some time to download the required data for other currencies other that the chart it is tested on. This obviously takes some time but the subsequent tests runs without this delay. This is the reason why the 'expert takes too long time (more than 15 minutes)' comes about.

On my strategy tester, this EA runs fine within seconds, but on ATC tester, it takes time. Why is this? If this is the case, it is unfair to disqualify my EA from the ATC. The tester teams should see the reason why the tester took so long and let it run on the competition account.

Oh my god! I saw your post and quickly checked mine. Got rejected too! I had plenty of time to fix that bug but now I am left confused and frustrated. ATC should give these participants who was accepted by the mistake of the tester but now disqualified a one and a last chance to get into the race!

I looked today and it has been tested with no errors and accepted. So everything looks good now.

Dont worry, all of you have a chance to take part in the ATC 2010. If you have submitted the EA before Registration closed and have confirmation on Private Data, you will be recheck during this week. If everything is ok, you will become a Participant.

Lenar:
Dont worry, all of you have a chance to take part in the ATC 2010. If you have submitted the EA before Registration closed and have confirmation on Private Data, you will be recheck during this week. If everything is ok, you will become a Participant.

How is the recheck done? I had 2nd ATC test after the closing but still says 'expert takes too long time (more than 15 minutes)'.

However I do have a passed record in the private data using the very same ex5 file. ATC should use the same checking method as before the closing date, or else it will still be unfair to have separate and less transparent checking mechanism AFTER the closing date.