Renko Charts

I need a renko chart that would work on MQL5 VPS.

I must be able to add an EA to it and then move it to MQL5 VPS.

Thanks

Jan-Jan Vos: I need a renko chart that would work on MQL5 VPS. I must be able to add an EA to it and then move it to MQL5 VPS.

There are several Renko Indicators, for MetaTrader v5 that fit those conditions in both the CodeBase as well as the Market. You will just have to adapt your EA code to use them.

If however, you are referring to MetaTrader v4 and its limitations of not being able to use Offline Charts in the VPS hosting system, then please also have a look at the following post/thread which is related:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

EA needs data of another EA to trade

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.08.27 14:50

I once had the same problem! When using any kind of non-standard bar data generated by a separate EA or Indicator into Offline Charts (Range Bars, Renko, Point & Figure, etc.); your main EA is dependent on that, which makes back-testing extremely difficult and also makes it impossible to use MetaQuotes' VPS hosting.

Since I code my own EA's, what I did, was move all the generation code into my primary EA's, so that it generates its own bar data internally (stored as arrays of structures, such as "MqlRates"). In this way, you are no longer limited and can back-test it with no problem and also move it into a MetaQuotes' VPS host just as easily.

If you are a coder, then that is what I suggest you do. If not a coder, then you will have to explain this very clearly to the coder you hire, so that he/she can update your main EA's to generate the Range Bar data internally, and thus only have one EA to upload to MetaQuotes' VPS hosting.

PS! In my own EA's, I have successfully used this method for Range Bars, Renko Bars, Point & Figure as well as several other non-standrad types of my own. It is much faster than using Offline Charts and easily allows you to change settings on the fly (especially useful for back-testing). So I highly recommend you adapt your EA using this method, even if you don't end up using the MetaQuotes' VPS hosting.

EDIT: Remember also, that since the bar data is generated internally, any indicators which you previously used on the Offline Charts, will also have to be coded internally in the EA as well.