HowTo Back Test scalpers with MT4 and MT5

There are more and more scalpers in MQL4 and MQL5 and testing them before to buy and use is very important.

Here is IMHO what I think about testing scalpers and how I would proceed. 

Back Testing an EA is a must do because there is no money back warranty when you purchase. 

In fact there is no other way to make its mind about an EA if there is no signal or real proofs to check

Historical data are supplied by brokers but due to huge data volume, it's impossible for them to give access to more than 1M OHLC. (that is not so bad)

But for scalpers, real tick history is needed mainly for 2 reasons:

1. Most of scalpers are counting consecutive ticks to take position and the tester simulates ticks flow from 1M OHLC
  2. Usually, scalpers have very short TP and SL and the only way to check its real behavior is to use real ticks. 
These considerations are involving some requirements for backtesting:

MT5 Back testing 

• Impossible due to real tick history unavailability.
  • The only way is to have a live signal. 

MT4 Back testing

• Possible if real tick history is uploaded in history center. To get data, have a look to <link removed  by moderator>
  • Actually, there is mainly DukasCopy that provides real tick data flow. So if your scalper works with these ticks, it means that you will have to chose this broker to work with.
  • All brokers have different data flow, so except if they all supply complete tick history, it's impossible to know if the scalper returns good profits.  

Another possibility is to start many accounts with different settings and study...

Good luck... 

remulix:

In fact there is no other way to make its mind about an EA if there is no signal or real proofs to check

My advice would be : don't buy an EA without at least a signal or real proofs.

Possible if real tick history is uploaded in history center. To get data, have a look to <link removed  by moderator>
Advertising isn't allowed on this site.

angevoyageur:

My advice would be : don't buy an EA without at least a signal or real proofs.

Advertising isn't allowed on this site.

Sure, this is a great and simple advice.