MA Lock

I have seen EAs that will make an entry when price crosses a trendline.

But I wish to find or create an EA with a slightly different slant as below:

Meaning:

- MA_Lock => Upon candle bar clossing, the EMA/MA has crossed pass a specified price, unlike a MA cross which is temporary and can cross back during the candle range

- TL => Trendline (20-24 candles wide) which is programmed to make an Entry/Exit and, used by dragging on the chart upon EA activation

EA operation:

1) Firstly, a horizontal TL is manually put on the chart by the trader that will wait for the right conditions (below) to trigger the Entry.

(when the EA is dragged on the chart, a Horizontal TL is created that can be adjusted in position specifically)

2) When MA_Lock happens the EMA/MA (specified externally) is checked to see if it has Locked the above TL (does not matter where price is, the EMA/MA must lock the TL).

3) Trigger happens if EMA/MA has locked more than 5pips from the TL (specified externally; should be able to adjust to desired no of pips for lock), an Entry is created.

4) If EMA/MA has not locked, wait till the opening of the next candle bar 

5) If Entry is created & EMA/MA locks back the other way more than 5 pips, on following candles, then close the previous Entry and re-Enter the other way.

6) TP is also generated on every Entry (externally adjusted to no of pips)

GOLDPIPS

Ok, go a head...

Let us know when you will have finished, if you don't mind.

Goldpips: I wish to find or create an EA ...
You have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

whroeder1:
You have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.

Sorry about the earlier post ...I am new to this forum.

I have been trading for over 10yrs manually and know that this EA will help me solve some issues.

It may not seem very interesting at this stage, but it is part of a more complex EA that i intend to build.

I want to see if this can be done easily, so that I can test it. Hope I am 'lucky' to get it done.

>

>

I have seen EAs that will make an entry when price crosses a trendline.

But I wish to find or create an EA with a slightly different slant as below:

- MA_Lock => Upon candle bar clossing, the EMA/MA has crossed pass a specified price, unlike a MA cross which is temporary and can cross back during the candle range

- TL => Trendline (20-24 candles wide) which is programmed to make an Entry/Exit and, used by dragging on the chart upon EA activation

EA operation:

1) Firstly, a horizontal TL is manually put on the chart by the trader that will wait for the right conditions (below) to trigger the Entry.

(when the EA is dragged on the chart, a Horizontal TL is created that can be adjusted in position specifically)

2) When MA_Lock happens the EMA/MA (specified externally) is checked to see if it has Locked the above TL (does not matter where price is, the EMA/MA must lock the TL).

3) Trigger happens if EMA/MA has locked more than 5pips from the TL (specified externally; should be able to adjust to desired no of pips for lock), an Entry is created.

4) If EMA/MA has not locked, wait till the opening of the next candle bar 

5) If Entry is created & EMA/MA locks back the other way more than 5 pips, on following candles, then close the previous Entry and re-Enter the other way.

6) TP is also generated on every Entry (externally adjusted to no of pips)

thank you for any suggestions,

GOLDPIPS