How to make someone believe the backtest ? - page 4

Angelito Cartagena:

Backtesting are based from previous data but in real trading conditions you are dealing the future that is not yet known, an EA with good results on a 5 year backtest data wont guarantee that it will work the same in the future, besides there are other things to consider in real market, such as slippage,re-quotes, news time, etc. In short excellent results in a backtest environment will not ensure success in real live trading conditions.

please study statistics and math again.

back to your high school.

:) regards

back testing is very importrant not just for me but for a lot good traders.....if you dont do that is very hard to be costant profitable trader....go on you tube and see video from jason greystone obout back testing adn you will see magic of back test..but a lot trader thinking difrent back test is bull...z...back test work for me great....after two years i finaly got costantprofitable traider ....just becose jason he opened my ays....good tradeing to all

adnan klicic:
back testing is very importrant not just for me but for a lot good traders.....if you dont do that is very hard to be costant profitable trader....go on you tube and see video from jason greystone obout back testing adn you will see magic of back test..but a lot trader thinking difrent back test is bull...z...back test work for me great....after two years i finaly got costantprofitable traider ....just becose jason he opened my ays....good tradeing to all
Could you prove it ? How much time are you profitable ?

Alain Verleyen:
Could you prove it ? How much time are you profitable ?

you should support metatrader 4 backtest, you are a moderator.

i think a good backtest is only 30 entries, starting on present time to back , no more than that. If you develop 5 tactics with more than 80% wins, then every trade completed you use the other tactic, so you refresh your luck

Unfortunately, luck does not apply here.

If you build a winning system, it will win, and you will know exactly why it's winning.

No luck, no hope, no coincidence, no singularity, just the needed amount of hard work and effort put in to make it work.

Marco vd Heijden:

Unfortunately, luck does not apply here.

If you build a winning system, it will win, and you will know exactly why it's winning.

No luck, no hope, no coincidence, no singularity, just the needed amount of hard work and effort put in to make it work.

I cant agree better. There is no luck here. Especially in backtesting. when your system proves to be profitabble after backtesting, you are able to trade with confidence and knowledge.

I love to backtest because it helps me understand when there is a problem because it provides your losing streak, RR, profit factor, win rate, maximum loss and profit.

Infact, it provides everything you will need as a trader

Michael Ampadu:

I cant agree better. There is no luck here. Especially in backtesting. when your system proves to be profitabble after backtesting, you are able to trade with confidence and knowledge.

I love to backtest because it helps me understand when there is a problem because it provides your losing streak, RR, profit factor, win rate, maximum loss and profit.

Infact, it provides everything you will need as a trader

right