how identify long term trend in technical indicator?

which indicator easily identify long term trend in technical analyis

george1234:
Long term trend? What about two moving averages on a daily, weekly or monthly timeframe?

George, if I just can use indicators to do this, I would try to identify the forces of supply and demand that drive the market. In this sense, it would be good check prices and volumes, instead of just prices and a long term timeframe.

So, my answer is select a price one, like moving average, as pointed out by Malacarne, and a volume one to double check, like OBV or MFI.

There are options to find just one that join prices and volumes, but maybe not so easy to work as two specialized ones.

george1234:

See these articles :

The Indicators of the Micro, Middle and Main Trends

Several Ways of Finding a Trend in MQL5
Several Ways of Finding a Trend in MQL5
  • Dmitriy Skub
  • www.mql5.com
Any trader would give a lot for opportunity to accurately detect a trend at any given time. Perhaps, this is the Holy Grail that everyone is looking for. In this article we will consider several ways to detect a trend. To be more precise - how to program several classical ways to detect a trend by means of MQL5.

I tend to try to find long-term use weekly or monthly chart with MACD and stochastic.

They are the 2 most reliable for me, especially when it crosses up or down from level 0.

rastreador:

I tend to try to find long-term use weekly or monthly chart with MACD and stochastic.

They are the 2 most reliable for me, especially when it crosses up or down from level 0.

This forum is in English, are you aware that we have a Spanish section ?