Copying trades with VPS services

Hello everyone,

I was lucky to find a very nice signal that I would like to follow; unfortunately, it's for demo accounts only. After testing it with a demo account, I was very pleased and started looking for a way to make this work with a real account. That's when I found out about copy trading. So I searched for something that looked rather good in the market and rented it for 1 month. I set the system up and true enough, my trades were being copied from the demo account with the signal to my real account. I finally syncronised signal+experts+indictators on my virtual host (one for the real account and another for the demo account) and went on my way.

After a few days, I realized this wasn't working and the copier wasn't copying anything anymore. When I stopped the hosting and enabled automatic trading again to activate to copier, on the real account, all of the trades from the demo account started being copied again.

I thought something was wrong with the copier in that it wasn't compatible with hosting syncronization... so I rented a second one to test it. And again, same thing, everything works fine of I have my two MT5 platforms opened, one next to another. However, as soon as I syncronized everything with the hosting servers, trades no longer get copied. Since this has happened with two different copy utilities, I'm suspecting there's some sort of configuration I need to do in order to get this to work properly with hosting services.

Does anyone have any ideas or has had the same problem before?

Let me know if I need to specify the copy traders that I bought to the market.

Thank you very much everyone.

Did you mean MQ VPS service or some other other VPS Service, Are you trying to accomplish this on a Virtual OS? Did you purchase these Market products on that machine or did you have it coded, or did you use something from Codebase? Can you tell a little bit more about the configuration or other then it just stops working because that is useless information when you are trying to find the cause of the problem, finally have you read the rules on copying ?

It means:

you were trying to copy demo/free MQL5 signal on your real account using 'copy trades' tool from the Market on MQL5 VPS?

About configuration.
If it is something related to 'copy trades' tool so you should ask the author of it. But as far as I know - MQL5 VPS is having some limitations related to  'copy trades' tool:

dll- 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 - Probelm to load dll on VPS

Cuong Truong, 2016.08.11 07:28

MQL5 ban DLL from VPS. Unless you rent a computer from someone else and use it as your VPS.

you should have 64-bit OS to use MQL5 VPS:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt5 VPS

Slava, 2016.06.28 16:25

It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting

2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

I'm guessing here, but could it be that the issue is due to that facts that...

1. When you are using the copy trades feature locally, the demo and the real account are both trading on the same machine

2. When you move these to the VPS, the demo and real account are on different machines

So the question is... how do these trade copy programs work. Specifically, how do they communicate with each other? If you have a demo account on one VPS and a real account on another VPS, chances are this communication is broken in a way that it is not broken when both accounts are trading on the same machine (locally).

I'm just speaking theoretically here. Anyone have insight into how these trade copying tools communicate with either other?