Discussion of article "Using the TesterWithdrawal() Function for Modeling the Withdrawals of Profit"

New article Using the TesterWithdrawal() Function for Modeling the Withdrawals of Profit is published:

This article describes the usage of the TesterWithDrawal() function for estimating risks in trade systems which imply the withdrawing of a certain part of assets during their operation. In addition, it describes the effect of this function on the algorithm of calculation of the drawdown of equity in the strategy tester. This function is useful when optimizing parameter of your Expert Advisors.

Author: Andrey Voytenko

Really good article. All other articles are also good of course, but this is more focused on the purpose of the trading itself: withdrawals.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. 

Thanks for the compliment.

I think we need more articles on testing capabilities, as the tester in Metatrader5 really wonderful.

avoitenko:

Thanks for the compliment.

I think we need more articles on testing capabilities, as the tester in Metatrader5 really wonderful.

Yes i agree with you.

Future developers of opensource mt5 EAs, can decide to include testing capabilities in their's EAs thanks also to your article, very instructive.

I hope future open-source EAs will consider the testerwithdrawal() function.

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / TesterWithdrawal
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / TesterWithdrawal - Documentation on MQL5

I added this function to mq4 EA and seems is not working...I didn't receive any message in the journal too...is it compatible with MT4?

Simone Gargano:
I added this function to mq4 EA and seems is not working...I didn't receive any message in the journal too...is it compatible with MT4?
Yeah the TesterWithdawal() is a strange one in MT4. It comes up OK in autocomplete and it doesn't throw errors if you use it, it just doesn't work. It's also not in the MT4 documentation so I don't believe it ever got implemented. Maybe send it through as a suggestion to Service Desk

Stuart Browne:
Yeah the TesterWithdawal() is a strange one in MT4. It comes up OK in autocomplete and it doesn't throw errors if you use it, it just doesn't work. It's also not in the MT4 documentation so I don't believe it ever got implemented. Maybe send it through as a suggestion to Service Desk
Check here http://forum.mql4.com/60725, someone tried to use it in the past and they received errors like "function not yet implemented"...so I guess it should works now! I sent a ticket to the Service Desk as suggested. Let's see...
CExpertExecutor::TesterWithdrawal is not implemented yet - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
CExpertExecutor::TesterWithdrawal is not implemented yet - MQL4 forum

Simone Gargano:
Check here http://forum.mql4.com/60725, someone tried to use it in the past and they received errors like "function not yet implemented"...so I guess it should works now! I sent a ticket to the Service Desk as suggested. Let's see...
Ok, they confirmed that is not available for MT4.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article Using the TesterWithdrawal() Function for Modeling the Withdrawals of Profit is published:

Author: Andrey Voytenko

Hi Andrey,

Nice article, but I have one question.

The funtion TesterWithdrawal is called inside TimeOfWithDrawal, but where do you use TimeOfWithDrawal? 

Thanks 

Andrey Voytenko:

It should be noted that a reverse function of depositing assets to a trade account doesn't exist in MQL5 yet, and unlikely it will be implemented. Who needs systems that require constant increase of deposit?

I do! :)

Also tried to pass a negative value to the function with no success. It's ignored. :/