M3 trading Woodie CCI on MT4 - page 2

alright:
One more question, please. Look at the pic. According to your new woodie's setup, would that still be a valid ZLR, desander?

Yes, this would be a traditional ZLR...but :

The reason i waited so long to answer you back, is that i stil wanted to be more "in the market" as even with M3 or other time frame charts.

Thats why i jumped to range Bars !

By trading on Range Bars, you just trade price and not time.

For this i use the NinjaTrader-platform wich is for free !

And as data feed, i use Gain.

To install the NT-platform, click HERE

To get free data feed, do the following :

Actually you dont need to register with Gain, create a new Gain-connection within NinjaTrader platform and choose "use NinjaTrader server".

I have in the mean time created a simple, but efective way to trade on

2-range bars (smooth and quick)

Please download the attached indicators and install them as follow :

To Import
1. Download the attached inidicators to your desktop (My Downloads)

2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript

3. Select the downloaded indicator(s)

For the template i use, it is a .xml file and don't know how to importit to this tread...? Someone know ho to...?

The rule to trade is like shown on the attached chart.

Choose higher range bars if you want to trade on longer positions...but,

my choice is 2 range bars.

Hope this will bring many pips to all of you...

Gilbert.

(Belgium)

PS. You can e-mail me if you like more info.

WilteredFire:
Desander: Forgot to ask you one thing, I tried loading the template into my charts, works fine but The Red/Blue Moving Average in your charts is not in either of the templates you posted? Would you kindly be able to share that indicator and settings for that MA? would be useful on my chart to take trades with

In awaiting for the posting by the moderator, included my indicator settings and chart properties...

Gilbert.

Files:

alright:
One more question, please. Look at the pic. According to your new woodie's setup, would that still be a valid ZLR, desander?

Please go to this thread for an ever much better way of trading.

Gilbert

Thank you for sharing

Hey, I tried woodies back in the day. I never was able to buy the course. I have been seeing his course listed for sale more frequently. Anyone bought the course recently and care to share how it was? Has it changed or is Ken still capitalizing as new traders enter the markets?

TIA

desander:
Hello dear (short term)traders, I have setup a nice template to trade along Woodies CCI on a MT4-platform,but with a M3 (3 minute) time frame.I trade only on ZLR's (Zero Line Reject)For this, mostly an M1-TF is too short due to the spread, and an M5-TF is too slow for nice price action development.So it is possible to setup your MT4 to custom time frames with the attached indicator. (see description) _______________________________________________________________________________________________ Put this indicator (Both .mq4 and .ex4) into folder C:\Program Files\your-MetaTrader... \experts\indicators After that start your MetaTrader, Attach this indicator to chart and give check the "Allow DLL imports". Then set the period you want for example you want GBPUSD,M45 chart, attach this indicator to GBPUSD,M5 chart and set the the PeriodMultiplier to 9 (because 5 X 9 = 45). You can open your required chart from file menu => Open Offline, choose GBPUSD,M45 and click Open. Your required chart (this example GBPUSD,M45) will be live like the others timeframe. The converted source chart (this example GBPUSD,M5) must always located in the same Profile with your Offline chart, and don't ever delete this indicator from the converted source chart (GBPUSD,5) in order that your required chart (Offline Chart) always can move tick by tick (refresh themselves with every new tick). _______________________________________________________________________________________________ So for novice traders I would recommend only to concentrate on these ZLR's. On the attached chart you will notice a modified Weighted WCCI and a "Normal" WCCI indicator.The firts one is to eliminate the "noise" and the second one is to trade on.You will also notice a BB-indicator set at 12,2.Here you can see when a trend is over.This is when the price bars move away from the lower BB on a down trend or away from the upper BB on a up trend.At that point you will see the BB-lines are going flat...too.If one should only trade on these frequently ZLR's, you don't need no other moves to watch ! You just trade on retracements.The last WCCI indicator shows you if you are in a down- or uptrend.(red or green)Wait for the first retracement...and be patient ! You can always refer to the Woodies site to learn more about it...and you can contact me for more info too. Nice trading, Gilbert (Belgium)

Hi Gilbert - installed your 3 min and woodies tpl etc which are great - however on your chart you also had the actual Entry and Exit figures showing - did you do that separately or is it possible to show these as the chart progresses ? Mike Butcher ( henrycoleman )