EAs not working

I've setup demo accounts on a couple of different sites and I have some EAs that I downloaded that I know other people have working where they will make trades. The backtesting on them work so I wanted to run them on a demo account to do forward testing. However it seems that none of the EAs ever make a trade at all and I know I have them set to work because the smiley face is beside them in the chart window. One in particular makes a sound when the criteria for a trade is met but it never executes when I hear it.

I've looked at the coding in them and they seem to meet all the coding requirements for the code that executes a buy or sell position with all the proper variables.

So is there something I seem to not know about that's obvious to cause these EAs, that seem to be coded right, from actually making trades on demo accounts?

It is possible that you don't have enough money in your demo account.

Also try:

Right click -> Expert Advisors -> Properties -> Check 'Allow Live Trading'.

If that doesn't work, try downloading another MetaTrader distribution (FXDD\IBFX\ALPARI) and try the robot there. Also try to backtest to see if trades are executed.

Hope it helps.

FXCode:
It is possible that you don't have enough money in your demo account.Also try:Right click -> Expert Advisors -> Properties -> Check 'Allow Live Trading'.If that doesn't work, try downloading another MetaTrader distribution (FXDD\IBFX\ALPARI) and try the robot there. Also try to backtest to see if trades are executed.Hope it helps.

I should have enough money since I backtested it at the lowest money amount. I have 10 times as much in the demo account. I also made sure that live trading was on for it as well.

I will try another distribution even though I have tried several already. It wasn't working for me on Gallant or ITFX.

This may sound ridiculous...but did you ENABLE the Expert Advisor label button on your MetaTrader 4 ?

It is obvious but not so obvious ..

bestforexsoftwares:
This may sound ridiculous...but did you ENABLE the Expert Advisor label button on your MetaTrader 4 ? It is obvious but not so obvious ..

I made sure it was set for live trading and the Expert Advisers have the smiley face beside them in the charts. So it should be good from that standpoint.