Same EA on multiple currencies simultaneously.

Hi,

Is it possible to use same EA on multiple currencies at the same time? Do I have to use a different magic number?

Thanks.

JForex.

You need to use unique magic number for each currency pair; otherwise, your EA will close the position of another currency. Magic number is just a reference number of a position. EA can use that to track the positions it opened.

If there are multiple positions of the same currency pair, as some trading systems do that, you will need to assign a unique magic number to each position as well.

i think u can use order comment to do that.

just fill the comment with symbol, timeframe, or other setting from the ea, so u dont have to set magic number for every ea on every currency.

You do not require a unique magic number for each pair if the EA is coded correctly. The EA will not close positions of another currency unless the person who wrote it is a retard.

The magic number should not be used as a unique reference for each trade, the ticket number is the unique reference, using a magic number as such makes no sense whatsoever, you are just duplicating something that already exists.

I suggest reading the help file that was written by the people who designed the system and understand what particular features where actually implimented to do.