Self Adapting EA?

I came across a commercial EA (real expensive though) that claims can adapt to various market conditions. From the trades, I noticed that various TP, SL were used for different periods, and also varying risk:reward ratios (some 1:100 and some 3:1). How is this done? Does the EA optimizes itself?

badthriller:
I came across a commercial EA (real expensive though) that claims can adapt to various market conditions. From the trades, I noticed that various TP, SL were used for different periods, and also varying risk:reward ratios (some 1:100 and some 3:1). How is this done? Does the EA optimizes itself?

Well why don’t you link the e's page so we can take a look on it? I don't think it is optimizing by itself, it may be programmed to do everything you said it was doing which would be great or it may be both an online connection between it and the people running the robot.

These EAs link could be found in

RapidFOREX Managed Account: Introduction to RapidFOREX

I am eager to know how EAs could self optimize, if they ever could. Perhaps neural network is used.

If the EA relies on external signals, the 'allow import dll' must be allowed right?

I guess have to wait for someone to own the EA to clarify this...

Sorry if this sounds lame, but any strategy based on indicators is self adapting by nature, unless you are using an horizontal line in your system.

What would be very nice is to have a system that is linked to a calendar and by switches off just before news and start right after. THAT would be a good self adapting system.

Forex_Master:
Sorry if this sounds lame, but any strategy based on indicators is self adapting by nature, unless you are using an horizontal line in your system. What would be very nice is to have a system that is linked to a calendar and by switches off just before news and start right after. THAT would be a good self adapting system.

That would be excellent but I don't think MT4 has that capabilities yet, such things need to be done manually for this time.

What I meant by self adapting, or rather self optimized to select choices between different risk reward ratios, strategies etc. How to program an EA to let it choose the best strategies to be used?

Forex_Master:
Sorry if this sounds lame, but any strategy based on indicators is self adapting by nature, unless you are using an horizontal line in your system.

The majority of traditional indicators are based on fixed cycle lengths, so they certainly do not self adapt.

Hi! My first post.
I use self adapting MATRIXNN EA on live account. It's profitable more that I expected. I don't know MatrixNN trading strategy! Try it Matrix Neural Network Expert Advisor for Meta Trader // FOREX automated trading.
I think that neural network experts are future of trading.

ExperienceX , look at

Yoww Expert Advisor

Yoww Expert Advisor

It's exactly the same as what you claim but now confirmed as scam by Pipcop

zupcon:
The majority of traditional indicators are based on fixed cycle lengths, so they certainly do not self adapt.

You would be right I you could say that a cycle occuring during a downtrend yield the exact same results than a cycle occuring during an uptrend. But that's not the case, every cycle is different, and since this is reflected in the price action, it is reflected in the indicators too.

Now that we are speaking about that, I had coded an adaptative Momentum indicator that would change its period cycle and try to catch the beginning and the end of a move. The results where disastrous...I won't go into the detail but the momentum clearly was useless that way, every time it adapted it kept delaying trade signals.

Agreed on the fact that we need a strategy that changes profit taking ratios or stops, maybe the best way to do that is to base it on market volatility

badthriller:
ExperienceX , look at Yoww Expert AdvisorYoww Expert AdvisorIt's exactly the same as what you claim but now confirmed as scam by Pipcop

MatrixNN working fine at my live account over 1 month (FXDD). I just try to help

Hello

please wher I can download this Matrihnn .Leave a message or mail me please marinlani@gmail.com