The London Open - page 174

The sun continues to shine outside and on the markets. Stunning pendinghome sales numbers out of the US adding more fuel to the inferno. Atthe moment it is very difficult to find a reason to be bearish and finda trigger for a sell off other than the fact that pretty much everyoneyou speak to right now is bullish short term. I continue to hear of EMinflows and despite new issuance apparently around the corner (newRussag marketing on the qt) nothing it seems can upset this run.Although I have been positive short term for a while I begin to get alittle concerned when all including the stubborn bears have also gonepositive on the market. The crowded trades have rarely worked in thepast and these rules have not changed overnight. All that said a littlepull back should be an opportunity to buy on a dip as the next blow upappears to be a long way in the distance.

Mr P.....

Hi all

Good to see some interesting posts on here.

Totally agree with earlier posts. I have officially stopped thinking and stopped trying to find reasons why certain things should happen.

We had a good day today (except on USDJPY) and bought lots of USD this am across the board (& sold gold) until they turned. CABLE still worries me up here but hey thats the little bear in me.

See u tom.

D

For the 'bears' today there were lots of pips on the table...

I have spoken to a few of you and i must say well done. I know its been hard trying to find a top but days like this are a joy.

Pullbacks all round...I know we were split on this in the room but finally the bears won the day.

Looking forward to tomorrow already.

D

Good afternoon all

GBP rates remain unchanged.

Good morning all

What a performance from the British Lions last night

We have seen USD strength over the last 24 hours but not expecting to see this last for much longer.

The USD could go either way today with Wall St Future trying to hold above the 4hr 20ma. Personally unless Wall St Future breaks 8680 the sentiment for the USD will be small up this morning. USDCHF has support at 1.0671 and resistance at 1.0713. A break of these will give an idea of USD strength today.

USDCHF

• Looking for a brea

• Looking for a Golden cross of the 15min 20ma with the 15min 50ma above the 1.0713 level

• The USD index isn’t looking that strong 1st thing so lets not jump in too early. We need clear direction and proof that this USD will continue. I have my doubts but lets se

USDJPY

• Key resistance ahead at 96.3

• MAs are building for a move higher if the USD can gain strength and stay above 95.9

• Will keep u poste

Head and Shoulders all over the place...

Which way will this go i ask?

Wall St Future is key around the 60min 20ma. This breaks and CABLE and EURUSD falls.

Look at Head and Shoudler on EUR. We have sent you an email.

USDJPY drifting but free trade now..

D

Hi

Just got back and see USDJPY 2nd target hit at 96.80 but got stopped on balance as it fell back through the MP at 96.35.

EURUSD trade worked out well (down to the 4hr 50ma) and hit 1st target at 1.4090. Still holding balance and stop will be hit on break back up through the resistance and 60min 50ma at 1.4225.

Email worked out well and some lovely pips in the bank. Well done for those who traded it short on the Head & Shoulders.

Wall St breaking the 60min 20ma was key and has since made a good recovery. Still below the resistance at 8715...

Have a good evening...Last 2 days been vvv good indeed.

D

Its all gone quiet on this thread........where have all the pipsters gone? Either you are all making too many pips or you are getting lazy. Post ye pipsters and share the goods, you miserable lot.

Lonely Rockie

A very good morning by the Monkey...

Lots of pips available. A very solid EURUSD trade.

D

Good morning all,

I hope you all have had a great weekend.

Non Farm Payroll came out a lot better than expected on Friday causing some fantastic moves on Friday afternoon EUR and Cable both pushed to new session lows. I was expecting to see clear retracements in both through the Asian session this morning but we have seen GBP continue to struggle with the ongoing political problems causing traders to be cautious.

GBPUSD

• We have our Daily 20 MA 80 points below us at 1.5840 so still room to the south.

• 15 minute averages are all in the correct order but entries will be difficult without significant pullbacks to the 60 minute 20 ma. Other wise our stop loss will have to be too great for the potential reward.

EURUSD

• EUR has pulled back nicely over night in towards our 60 minute 20 and looks to be stronger than GBP

• A small 15 minute channel has formed and a break of this would signal an entry for us.

• To the upside a break of 1.4000 and to the downside a break of 1.3970

• If the trade is against the trend remember to be playing at half stakes.

USDCHF

• Has retraced off its Daily 20 ma but still has further room to the downside towards the hourly 20 ma

• From around this level I will be looking for a long position.

The Monkey

Evening all

Thomas William George Armitage was born at 5.45pm this evening and weighed in at 9lbs.

Mother and baby Tom are doing very well and Dad is dancing with joy.

Happy days

D