How to install MT4 Indicators? - page 13

<Deleted>

Hi Frineds Gud mrg, John here, i wanted assistance from one of you, i wanted to add new indicator on my android mobile phone, can some one help me 

Nadeem:

Here is a little guide on how to get the work done

NOTE: An indicator can be of 2 format (extensions), .MQ4 and .EX4. MQ4 is the source code, and EX4 is the compiled version of the code.

Step By Step

1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder

2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)

3) Launch your MetaTrader application

4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window

5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory

6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1

7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart

8) Voila... done

Is the procedure same for windows 10 based system as i can't find the specified folders

Nadeem: Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder
immykhan: Is the procedure same for windows 10 based system as i can't find the specified folders
Win10 is irrelevant. A lot has changed since Build 600.
          Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 17.02.2014

Hello all

how can you install indicators on ANDROID phones?

How do I get indicators on MT4 mobile

Karien8me: How do I get indicators on MT4 mobile

You don't. Only the build in ones.

mighty6469:

Let us do something different and easy.

Step 1:

Move indicator files ( .mq4 or .ex4), move them to the desktop or a folder in the desktop.

Please note where they are!

Step 2:

Open your Metatrader data folder.

You can do this either by:

1. Launch your trade platform. Click on the File tab, you'll see one of the subs is "Open Data Folder". Do it

or

2. Launch the MetaEditor.

Click on the File tab, you'll see one of the subs is "Open Data Folder". Do it

Step 3. Now copy your files into the "Indicators" folder in the Data Folder.

Step 4:

Restart your trade platform. All the indicators will be there.

The .ex4 files you can use immediately. You can DoubleClick, or if you prefer, drag to the chart.

The .mq4 files you must compile. To do this, just doubleclick on the file, it will open automatically in the MetaEditor. Compile it.

Good afternoon, maybe you still around this community. I need a little help with an ex4. So, when I want to paste the EA in the folder, instead of MQL4, it's automatically MQL5, though I installed metatrader 4. So, by doing this, as the EA is Ex4, doesn't work in the folder MQL5. Please advise
😊