small account vs. big account - page 2

Forex_Master:
Even very serious FX brokers have sometimes serious troubles filling trades with volume of 10 Mio USD or more. The reason behind this is very simple, liquidity has dried up, even though 10 Mio is still a tiny trade, some banks at some time of the day will not fill you in an optimal way; in fact, depending on your execution method you may get a huge slippage on your stop (15 pips would not be extraordinary), or a very big spread (for example a spread of 7 pips on eurusd).Add to that that some brokers only fill you if you request a quote if you want to trade more than 10 or 20 Mio EURUSD (ex Saxo) for the simple fact that they need to think if they can cover your position or not (depending on your performance).You can defintely deal any volume you want (the maximum I have seen in streaming trade with acceptable rate is 50 Mio EURUSD one shot) but very very few brokers provides that today.Being partially filled or not depends on the execution method of your trading platform, you should have a best price or a best exec execution method. up to you to select - thyose options are available usually on for high value professionals.If you wish any advice on that matter your are free to PM me.Good luck with your trading and regards.

I've been told that in ECN's you can manage even bigger accounts. You're right about liquidity, that's why I got a broker that is supported for more than 5 banks to avoid big spreads.

Hey Shell would you please tell what broker is that? Sounds really interesting.

Shell25:
I've been told that in ECN's you can manage even bigger accounts. You're right about liquidity, that's why I got a broker that is supported for more than 5 banks to avoid big spreads.

Well currenex, Hotspot or Dukascopy have more than 70 liquidity providers....5 banks is not THAT big, but still the fact they are disclosing this information means that they might not be a whitelabel or an introducing broker. (usually common bucket shops just say they have millions of banks behind them although they just use the price feed of another broker who is drawn from several banks).

Agreed about ECN, that's the best way to go, now you need to have enough funds to do that, you cant open an ECN account with less than 30k bucks.

If you are a kind of beginner, you can use a micro account, so you cant loose too much money in there, also you have to be careful, doesn’t matter you are playing with little money, the thing is, you have to take care of you money.

Hdsn:
Hey Shell would you please tell what broker is that? Sounds really interesting.

Well I am currently using Tradeview's softwares. I have no complains, it seems to be pretty fast and also seems to be ok when it comes to liquidity. And as Forex_master said about having enough funds I guess we better improve as traders and make some good pips so we get to open an account on ECN.

I´m not sure but what I´ve heard is that the ECN is used by traders that invest amounts of money, it means expert investors, in fact the same brokers invest on that. Big risk big lose, I agree I´m happy with my account and my broker.

I respect your point of view though, I guess big risk doesn't necessarily imply big loss, for me is more like if you are investing and risking more money is because you know somehow you have a big chance to win. Risk management.

carowhite60:
I´m not sure but what I´ve heard is that the ECN is used by traders that invest amounts of money, it means expert investors, in fact the same brokers invest on that. Big risk big lose, I agree I´m happy with my account and my broker.

I like forex , high risk high profits .

Is thrilling to see how Forex could make you win or lose money in fractions of seconds, but as a friend of mine says if you don't risk an egg you won't get a chicken.

Keep in mind not everyone trade on forex for money, some do it for fun (costly hobby).

Some dont even trade, they just keep having orgasms while analysing charts and looking for the holy grail.

So much times I have seem people just bragging about how much millions they traded today.