The VanessaFX system - page 4

Ok All, I feel that I should point out some items of interest since I think some of you are being misled by what you read about this system or how to use it. What I am writing is based upon what I have read in their forum, and others comments.... => They do not use this system to trade nor will they divulge the system they do use. => The system should be used with discretion. Many have complained of the system being not so good trading as is. They stress you must know the fundamentals and the pair, and not just trade off of technicals. => The system was designed based on backtesting simulation. The system can be used for entry, but its primarily used to determine when to exit to capture as many PIPs as possible instead of waiting for MA crosses. => The system can be used on any pair, its just that they have tested it on the mentioned pair as outlined in their document. Others have used it on other pairs. => If you trade based upon the 200EMA only, you will not get as many trades. The crossing of the 200EMA does not happen often so you will have to go back to enter trades based upon whatever technique you currently use to trade daily. => Vanessa did not make her money trading just one lot, she just gave a simplistic example in how one can achieve one's goal. => Why is the Advanced System free? The initial system was only being sold for less than $100 USD to a limited number of people, but it was found out that someone took the system and was selling it for around $300 USD. In order to discourage such infringement practices, it was decided to give it for free, and refund those who wanted their initial cash outlay back.

Yeh the usual story , we became millionaires using our secret system but if you buy our ebook which of course isnt how we made millions, we dont guarantee youll make any profits etc etc the SAME OLD SAME OLD

Asif theyd even care about a forum if they were making those kind of returns.

10k into 500k few years COMPLETE BS.

OK, peoples, gather 'round. For those who have requested it, I have completed the EA for the VanessaFX Advanced system, but not without a hefty price to pay...

As with all endeavors that we may undertake in the journey called "life," I have learned much from working with the VanessaFX system, even though I have only known of it for a short while. I have seen many systems come and go and used many EAs, indicators and trading platforms, many of which have to be disappointments, but nothing has been able to deter me in my quest to find a viable solution for trading the forex. However, this system truly is different and working on this EA has shown me the very thing that no other failure or disappointment could. The epiphany I have had after completing VanessaFX system has shown me the utter futility of trying to profitably trade the forex. Whereas before I could always look forward to being able to find a stronger more reliable approach, I know now that VFX is the end of the line for me. For those of you who run this on a backtester, you will surely know what I am talking about. I'm taking this time now to publicly announce that I am retiring from trading the forex, and probably other money markets as well. I would like to thank the kind folks at this forum for their warmth, friendliness, and wilingness to share and help others... even though it is all in vain, as you will soon come to know for yourselves. I'd reccommend you guys start running away, screaming for your lives about now.

VanessaFX has changed me: I will NEVER be the same.

** The preceding announcement is not to be taken literally. It's only purpose is to hammer home the point that the VanessaFX is probably yet another piece of crap that should be avoided. **

anamy

Its why in her forum it was said that one must know the pair and fundamentals, and not just trade base upon the system. That was said because there have been many unsuccessful users of the system who were not happy. Another thing, it'ss why they have a live trading room [for a fee, of course] making live calls, but remeber as I have said, they do not use the system they publish to trade....

Like so many traders who put out systems for free or even for sale, they do not use it themselves so how can one believe in it. And even if it is for free, they do not tell you everything [the gotchas], so they will try to sell you their alert service or something....

HAHAHAHA

** The preceding announcement is not to be taken literally. It's only purpose is to hammer home the point that the VanessaFX is probably yet another piece of crap that should be avoided. **
lollol

Its simply another one of those "do everything" systems news techs etc etc all bundled in ive seen hundreds of these come and go.
If the person who made it has indeed made 10k into 500k in a few years id most likely say theyve done it selling there ebook not trading fx.

Nick and Vanessa whom are both from Sydney, Aust., are the "co-creators" of this system, and Nick is a money hungry young kid that is all about making money, nothing more. And the way he makes it doesn't have to be a result of profitable trading.

They threw this system out on a few forums to drum up people to come to their own start-up forum (which now has a monthly fee of $50usd to access the forum which was previously free), and they sold signals, trading styles to individual traders, anything to make a buck on forex is pushed on their forum.

I've noticed that some of the people that flocked over there after drinking kool-aid, have now switched back to coffee and returned to the more non-biased, non-marketing, non-service oriented forums.

I feel bad for the people that purchased this system, b/c in the end it was all hype as you guys have proven. I was lucky enough to see through Nick's behavior quick enough to sever my ties when I invited him into our private trading group. He started this forum during this two week period.

Gordon Gekko:
Nick and Vanessa whom are both from Sydney, Aust., are the "co-creators" of this system, and Nick is a money hungry young kid that is all about making money, nothing more. And the way he makes it doesn't have to be a result of profitable trading. They threw this system out on a few forums to drum up people to come to their own start-up forum (which now has a monthly fee of $50usd to access the forum which was previously free), and they sold signals, trading styles to individual traders, anything to make a buck on forex is pushed on their forum. I've noticed that some of the people that flocked over there after drinking kool-aid, have now switched back to coffee and returned to the more non-biased, non-marketing, non-service oriented forums. I feel bad for the people that purchased this system, b/c in the end it was all hype as you guys have proven. I was lucky enough to see through Nick's behavior quick enough to sever my ties when I invited him into our private trading group. He started this forum during this two week period.

Thank you. The background you've provided about this system is appreciated.

anamy:
Thank you. The background you've provided about this system is appreciated.

can you post me setting about vanessafx, i'd like to test it

thank you, giapel

giapel:
can you post me setting about vanessafx, i'd like to test it thank you, giapel

An explanation of the parameters is as follows:

extern string basicheader="== Basic Settings ==";

extern double TakeProfit=0;

extern double Stoploss=0;

extern double Lots=0.1;

extern bool VanessaFX_Basic_System=false;

extern bool AO_Exits=true;

extern string stopheader="== Advanced Stops ==";

extern double TrailingStop=0; // TS distance for following two options

extern bool UseTrailingStop=false; // Trailing stop regular

extern bool UseTrailingStopOnlyProfit=false; // Trailing stop that only activates when an order is profitting

extern int breakEvenAtProfit=0;

extern int breakEvenShift=0;

extern int SteppingStop=0;

extern string mischeader="== Misc. Options ==";

extern string shortName="VanessaFX";

extern int magicNum=15411178;

=============================

VanessaFX_Basic_System - determines which set of logic the EA will use, BASIC or ADVCANCED logic

AO_Exits - use Accelerator Oscillator for exiting a position

UseTrailingStopOnlyProfit - use a trailing stop only on a profitable order

breakEvenAtProfit - set an orders stop to the open price

breakEvenShift - moves the breakeven point up or down around the open order price at X pips

SteppingStop - similar to a trailing stop, may not work correctly

=============================

If you have any success with this system, I would be VERY interested in hearing about it.

Hello everyone.

My name is shlomy and I'm in the forex for about 2 years.

I have completed the EA for the VanessaFX system and I backtested it for five monthes. It looks very bad. If I didn't make any mistakes, this strategy gives you an average of 70 demo pips a month.

If anyone find any mistakes with this system, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Files:
4hcross.mq4  11 kb