I did it! (opening a live account) - page 2

gazuz:
Hello everyone, Well today I just finished my $5k fund. I'm about to open a live forex account Now heres where I need your help/advice on this, everybody, I have the CCI system running, backtested manually with a new way to use it and I am LOVING it, the biggest drawdown I've received is 7 pips... Now I want to do something rather dangerous... I win 10 pips per trade (including spread) but I want to trade 10 lots at a time... I need someone or someones that can calculate if its a good idea or not. I've averaged a 150 pip per month with this and once again the biggest drawdown was 7 pips in a row... I want to open a InterbankFX account... now would the questions: -How much loss can I afford in order to keep my account active? -Would they let me open as many lots for a $5,000 account? -When would my account be opened upon deposit (for those with an account with them) I'm thinking of opening it by monday or so. Thanksfor your help

Hi Gazzus ,I dont know what is your Idea of all these, what I can say is use mini acct ,the most you can do is 5 mini lots ,if you can make couple of hundred pips you can doblle it and so on ,if you drop 25% you start to learn again,that just my 2 peny ; best regards to you zztop

zztop:
Hi Gazzus ,I dont know what is your Idea of all these, what I can say is use mini acct ,the most you can do is 5 mini lots ,if you can make couple of hundred pips you can doblle it and so on ,if you drop 25% you start to learn again,that just my 2 peny ; best regards to you zztop

Dont think of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but pipSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It should be like this pip$$$$$$$$$. I remember talking to a complete newbie about forex. I said my target PL is 100 pips, then he said, "I would rather get $100 instead. What pips is for?"

scorpion:
It should be like this pip$$$$$$$$$. I remember talking to a complete newbie about forex. I said my target PL is 100 pips, then he said, "I would rather get $100 instead. What pips is for?"

COOKIE

Hi Guys

I want to open a live account, I already trade, but with a company that does not use MT4.

I need to open a live account with a company that allows MT4 and accepts either egold or credit cards?

Anyone know which broker I can use?

Thanks

KaMpeR

I'm not sure whether Marketiva.com has metatrader or not, but it sure offers e-gold option.

InterbankFX.com offers credit card option, and it's metatrader-based. But the fact is that you would wire money to your bank account eventually. Ask a rep to make sure.

Besides, check out alpari-idc.com, northfinance.com and fxdd.com. All are decent brokers which might offer e-gold/credit card option.

scorpion:
InterbankFX.com offers credit card option, and it's metatrader-based. But the fact is that you would wire money to your bank account eventually. Ask a rep to make sure. Besides, check out alpari-idc.com, northfinance.com and fxdd.com. All are decent brokers which might offer e-gold/credit card option.

I have been using a demo acct with fxdd.com. The other one I am thinking of using is Interbankfx.com. Besides these does anyone have positive experiences with other brokers that use Meatrader 3 or Metarader 4? I cam across an add from migx.com? Anyone have experince with them?

If you are scared about the InterbankFx servers, dont be, the demo is completely overloaded because people like to make many accounts, so many more people are on demo that the server is overloaded. My friend that opened an account has never gotten disconnected through his live account.

just a heads up for people who complain about the disconnection of the demo server

How about a variable amount, so you're at smaller amounts earlier and risk more as you make more? You could put in either a specific number of lots, or just a risk factor. Test it first, of course, to make sure it's doing what you expect. Something like:

extern double Lots = 0;

extern double risk = 0.01;

if ( Lots == 0 ) Lots = NormalizeDouble( AccountFreeMargin() * Risk / 1000.0, 1 );

Oops, capitalize that "r" in the extern def - sorry - magic fingers....