CCI Expert, not a holly grail, but quite rewarding - page 7

Now it doesn't open or close any positions at all

How many days since it didn't work?

scorpion:
How many days since it didn't work?

I tried it for a week when you last posted and forgot about it

Did all of you heard about TTF indicator? (Trend Trigger Factor), I have download some of the TTF that post on yahoo group, but I don't really know what it mean, b'cause the indicator will change direction depend on the past record.

Gazuz. Have you tried using Choppymarket indicator to filter the trades in your cci system? You can get one for mt3 in the yahoo group. You can set the period of the indicator ( 30 as default ) and the trigger mark ( 20 as default ). It is used like this. Then smalled is the number of indicator, then more market choppines ( no trend direction ) is. As by default it means that when line is under 20 , then market is choppy. If it is crossing 20 and rising it means that trend is in the making. If it starts moving back to 20 it means that trend is getting weaker. As i said , 20 is an optional number, you can change it. I think it will be a good filter for you if you optimise it right for your system.

Good Luck in Trading,

Ravique.

Gazuz

Howz your CCI indicator going, I found it very interesting. can I have the latest version of this indicator. you can email me on Virks@tpg.com.au

Thanks

hiya Scorpion,

i was wondering if you have an MT4 version of this expert so i can do some backtesting as im keen on the logics of this system.

thank you!

boiboyan:
hiya Scorpion, i was wondering if you have an MT4 version of this expert so i can do some backtesting as im keen on the logics of this system. thank you!

Hey,

I am actually waiting for the MT4 version of ZeroCode so I can test it more efficiently. The backtesting from mt3 isnt good at all and I don't have the resources to live test it.

I've tried several verions of this expert and none of them verify (they crash Metatrader). Any idea of why this is happening? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

I don't have any problem. Maybe you compiled the mql in MetaTrader 4? Make sure that you compile the code in the MetaTrader 3.85