Dennis Garman’s 4th Trading Rule of 22

The objective is not to buy low and sell high, but to buy high and to sell higher. We can never know what price is “low.” Nor can we know what price is “high.” Always remember that sugar once fell from $1.25/lb. to 2 cent/lb. and seemed “cheap” many times along the way.” ~ Dennis Garman’s 4th Trading Rule of 22

I have three questions:

1. Where can I find the link to view the current sugar price?

2. When/Which year - sugar fell? 

3. What make / Why the sugar price fell from $1.25/lb. to 2 cent/lb that time?

I have no idea about lb sorry (is it measuring by lb?) ... but you can look at this chart here
SBEC Sugar Stock Price and Quotes - SBEC Sugar Company Profile
SBEC Sugar Stock Price and Quotes - SBEC Sugar Company Profile
  • economictimes.indiatimes.com
SBEC Sugar Stock prices, Stock quote of SBEC Sugar Ltd, SBEC Sugar stock news, Live Quote, Real time quote, investing data of SBEC Sugar stock chart, price history, company news, announcements and SBEC Sugar Ltd Company Profile and balance sheet.

newdigital:
I have no idea about lb sorry (is it measuring by lb?) ... but you can look at this chart here

lb is a pound (weight).

SBEC Sugar Ltd is a company. I think it should be in commodity price like wheat, coffee, etc.

I guess it is Sugar Futures - see this chart.
Sugar - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi
Sugar - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi
  • www.indexmundi.com
Currency: Compare to: MonthPriceChange

And another one here.
Commodities: Latest Sugar Price & Chart
Commodities: Latest Sugar Price & Chart
  • www.nasdaq.com
Get the latest sugar price for October 2011 as well as the lastest prices for other major commodities at NASDAQ.com

ROMAN5:

lb is a pound (weight).

SBEC Sugar Ltd is a company. I think it should be in commodity price like wheat, coffee, etc.

Hello Anton,

modernly sugar is traded as a futures contract... As such, I think it will be a little bit difficult to find the whole history for this commodity, once the contract expires every two month.

You can find the most recent sugar quotes directly at the CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) webpage:

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agricultural/softs/sugar-no11.html

I didn't search too much, however I couldn't find at the CME webpage a link to download historical quotes for this commodity. 

ROMAN5:
I guess it is Sugar Futures - see this chart.

This is an interesting link! Thanks for sharing! It's not easy to find a 30-year history for a futures contract...

By the way... did you see the source? The Worldbank... maybe it's worth to take a look at their webpage: www.worldbank.org  

That is why Dennis Garman was talking about sugar ... because no one can check :)

newdigital:
That is why Dennis Garman was talking about sugar ... because no one can check :)
LOL. This sugar reminds me of gold. It was $1922/oz..when it came down to $1600/oz -- most of us thought it was cheap so we bought it. Later on, it came down to $1500/oz...same thought "cheap"..so on. It has been reached $1185 few weeks ago. This makes me very nervous. 

This is the best I could find: commodities prices since 1960

Source: The Worldbank

Link: here