Requests & Ideas (MQL5 only!) - page 29

ekren Clausewitz :

Hi Vladimir;

I didn't understand your last EA which is using M!,M5 and H1 i-Regr indicator. Could you visualize buy/sell points?

Thanks.

If you have any questions about the published codes, please ask these questions in the appropriate thread of the code discussion - so I can answer all at once, not just you personally.

Projects - MetaEditor Help
Projects - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Access to each project is set only by a project author (a user who created it). No one else can access the project without an author's permission. Despite the fact that Projects folder is located inside MQL4/MQL5, the projects are located separately from the user's personal directory (https://storage.mql5.com/svn/Personal//MQL5). All projects...

Vladimir Karputov:

New project: Advisor Buy stop Sell stop Grid as a class .

Promotion of Projects:

?

Hy everyone, 

I'm a newbie and i hope i got the meaning of this thread right.

I've been looking for a percentage-valued ATR indicator but i just can't find it.

What i have in my mind is an indicator in a separate window showing the ratio between last day range and close.

Let's say EURUSD will close at 1.75400 with a 60 pips-range session, the indicator would show 0,342% (0.0060 * 100 / 1.75400).

In other words, an ATR with a percentage-based scale instead of a pips-number one.

That would be very usefull when it comes to study volatility behavior.

Has anyone ever seen something similiar or is interested in coding it?

Many thanks in advance.

ItaTrader_93 :

Hy everyone, I'm a newbie and i hope i got the meaning of this thread right.

I've been looking for a percentage-valued ATR indicator but i just can't find it.

What i have in my mind is an indicator in a separate window showing the ratio between last day range and close.

Let's say EURUSD will close at 1.75400 with a 60 pips-range session, the indicator would show 0,342% (0.0060 * 100 / 1.75400).

In other words, an ATR with a percentage-based scale instead of a pips-number one.

That would be very usefull when it comes to study volatility behavior.

Has anyone ever seen something similiar or is interested in coding it?

Many thanks in advance.

In the "ATR" indicator, the averaging period is used. And you suggest not using averaging? Do you suggest something like a histogram of a percentage range?

Vladimir Karputov:

In the "ATR" indicator, the averaging period is used. And you suggest not using averaging? Do you suggest something like a histogram of a percentage range?

Yeah, I'm sorry my explanation was a little misleading.

A histogram of that kind would be perfect.

If the indi could work on all TFs it would be great :)

ItaTrader_93 :

If the indi could work on all TFs it would be great :)

I did not quite understand you. If you put the indicator on the chart "D1" - then the indicator will take the size of the candles from "D1", if you put the indicator on the chart "H4" - then the indicator will take the size of the candles from "H4" ...

Vladimir Karputov:

I did not quite understand you. If you put the indicator on the chart "D1" - then the indicator will take the size of the candles from "D1", if you put the indicator on the chart "H4" - then the indicator will take the size of the candles from "H4" ...

Yeah, actually my comment was unnecessary.

ItaTrader_93 :

Yeah, actually my comment was unnecessary.

You may need this indicator: Size of a candle (histogram)

The indicator displays the candlestick size (High-Low) and its direction in the form of a colored histogram.

Size of a candle (histogram) M5