CALL and PUT

i'm coming from another platform where all you did was call or put. it was just saying if the stock was going up CALL going down PUT. but i see its buy and sel. does call mean buy? and put mean sell?. and last question ive noticed that on the buy and sell buttons, the number is always lower then the number on the buy side,  is this normal? thank you in advance

rush636:

i'm coming from another platform where all you did was call or put. it was just saying if the stock was going up CALL going down PUT. but i see its buy and sel. does call mean buy? and put mean sell?. and last question ive noticed that on the buy and sell buttons, the number is always lower then the number on the buy side,  is this normal? thank you in advance

Hello, welcome to the MQL5 community !

CALL is not the same as BUY. And PUT is not the same thing as SELL.

CALL and PUT are expressions used in options trading, and maybe the platform from which you're coming is adpapted for options trading...

However, MetaTrader is a broader platform, and you can use it to trade options, futures, stocks and forex. So instead of CALL/PUT we use the terms BUY/SELL for every types of assets. 

Malacarne:

Hello, welcome to the MQL5 community !

CALL is not the same as BUY. And PUT is not the same thing as SELL.

CALL and PUT are expressions used in options trading, and maybe the platform from which you're coming is adpapted for options trading...

However, MetaTrader is a broader platform, and you can use it to trade options, futures, stocks and forex. So instead of CALL/PUT we use the terms BUY/SELL for every types of assets. 

thank you , and do you know why the numbers under the sell button is lower then the numbers under the buy button?

rush636:
thank you , and do you know why the numbers under the sell button is lower then the numbers under the buy button?

I modified the title of your topic to better reflect the content.

Price under Sell is bid price, price under Buy is ask price. Bid price is always lower than ask price by definition.