GBP/USD forecast - page 93

Currently the pair is still consolidating sideways and the consolidation probably won't end before the fundamentals tomorrow.

Pound/dollar did not make a substantial move yesterday. Signals remain neutral, but overall I still prefer the bearish scenario at this stage. Intraday support is 1.3480/60. A clear breakthrough and daily closure under it can open the doors to 1.3300. Immediate resistance is 1.3600, whose breakthrough can lead to future upward pressure. But the longer the pair remains below 1.3710, each upward pressure should be seen as a good sales opportunity as part of the bearish scenario following the breakthrough trend line.

The British pound fell only slightly against the US dollar on Wednesday. The currency pair opened at 1.3546 and ended at 1.3545. The pound during the US session reached a peak of 6 days to 1.3606, after which the price dropped to 1.3540. In case the downward movement persists, the pair will focus on support at 1.3458.

GBP/USD
Key levels to watch for:
Support: 1.3458; 1.3300;
Resistance: 1.3710; 1.3931;

The pair is testing the support at 1.3500 and it will likely break out below that level.

GBP/USD bounced off from 1.3460, the sideways consolidation continues for now at least.

I closed my short position, ready to see some correction.

The pair is showing very little changes, short-term has no clear directions. Near-term resistance can be found at 1.3617, on the downside, important support lies at 1.3500 and followed by 1.3457.

Ari Goldman:
I closed my short position, ready to see some correction.

I agree, there may be a retracement back towards 1.3680.

The pair tested the support around 1.3455 for a second time, if it has formed a double bottom it may start moving to the upside again.