Click alert to open chart

Hi All,

I am looking for a script that would enable opening the relevant chart from the alert window. This becomes important when several charts are opened and several alerts are being generated. It is rather tedious and slow having to scroll through the charts looking for the corresponding chart that triggered the alert.

I don't know whether this is already available or whether one of you capable coders could create one for MT4.

Thank you.

Jozy

I don't think it can be done using mql

We should change the entire alerting (built in) system, and that is not possible (we can not change parts of mettatrader)

But it is a pity - it would be nice feature

on my own:
But it is a pity - it would be nice feature

I agree but we can not intercept built in alert and replace it with our own.

Even then, unique identification of the window from which the alert was triggered would not be possible in some cases without completely rewriting the alerting system, and without ant MT API, it is not something that can be done

mladen:
I agree but we can not intercept built in alert and replace it with our own. Even then, unique identification of the window from which the alert was triggered would not be possible in some cases without completely rewriting the alerting system, and without ant MT API, it is not something that can be done

I have not investigated it but wouldn't a pop up message box from User32.dll together with a chart search to find the chart with the correct symbol and time or the creation of a new chart with the symbol, time frame and template be functionally equivalent?

Tzuman:
I have not investigated it but wouldn't a pop up message box from User32.dll together with a chart search to find the chart with the correct symbol and time or the creation of a new chart with the symbol, time frame and template be functionally equivalent?

In other words, implementing of alternate alerting system as Mladen noticed. Though I do not think dll call is necessary for such a thing.

Tzuman:

Alerts are coming from indicator.

Now imagine that there are two same indicators (same or different settings, does not matter) on two charts (same or different symbol and time frame. does not matter either) that would alert at the same time (which is quite possible) - how to know which alert comes from which chart without altering the alerting system completely (passing the window (chart) handle to the alerting system would be a must)?

Also, each and every indicator that uses alert() function would need to be changed or else it could not benefit from a new alerting interface

The logical conclusion would be to overload alert function, but since we can not do that using mql (nether using any API, since there is no metatrader API), the other logical conclusion is to leave the things as they are - since whatever we make, after a month or two it will not work any more due to mql (and metatrader) changes