Indicator Modification - page 15

Sorry, Mladen, it's me again.And if we go the other way. to take indicator, Envelopes. TL_m, where installe the condition 100 bars for line. then build a rectangle of 100 pips and horizontally 100 bars, where the center of the rectangle is the center line of the indicator. Mark a rectangle on the angles. Now we can know the angle of inclination in the range of 100 pips and it doesn't matter the scale of the chart. how about this?

Files:
image_196736.jpg  462 kb

Sir

Please can you help fix this EA..

This EA places orders on horizontal lines which are placed on chart by a separate indicator.

As price crosses each line.... orders are placed.....whether buy or sell OR both.(this is the objective)

The idea is to trigger one sell order when price crosses a line downwards..... and should price change direction .... a buy order is placed on the same line(making it one buy and one sell per line only)

Now.... what this EA is currently doing is trigger multiple orders(buy/sell as price rubs up and down the same line..... creating mess of orders.

Please can you fix it ..... am so, so desperate

All details are attached

Thank you so much in advance

This is the EA

Files:

Addtional:

The horizontal lines can be hand drawn without naming them.

This is the indicator it uses

Sorry for multiple pages.......somehow I had trouble loading

Thank you

Files:

profit56:
Sir

Please can you help fix this EA..

This EA places orders on horizontal lines which are placed on chart by a separate indicator.

As price crosses each line.... orders are placed.....whether buy or sell OR both.(this is the objective)

The idea is to trigger one sell order when price crosses a line downwards..... and should price change direction .... a buy order is placed on the same line(making it one buy and one sell per line only)

Now.... what this EA is currently doing is trigger multiple orders(buy/sell as price rubs up and down the same line..... creating mess of orders.

Please can you fix it ..... am so, so desperate

All details are attached

Thank you so much in advance

All that will not be possible without a magi number usage, The whole thing has to be rewritten to be able to identify uniquely each trend line that is used for order managing, and you might find problems doing that (being almost impossible to do that - uniquely identify the trend line from orders data)

mladen:
All that will not be possible without a magi number usage, The whole thing has to be rewritten to be able to identify uniquely each trend line that is used for order managing, and you might find problems doing that (being almost impossible to do that - uniquely identify the trend line from orders data)

mladen

Sir, thanks a lot for the prompt response.

Maybe I am missing a point.... but I would have thought it kinda have the ability for unique ID of lines....... as per attached pics.

The only feature that is totally wrong in it is striking one direction multiple entries on one line as price frictions on it.

These line can be anything from horizontal to vertical .......and need not be specifically from an indicator..... that is, they can be randomly hand drawn trendlines

I am sure you see where am herding, Sir.

I have attached a pic to show exactly what it does in terms of lines ID.....please have a look.

Thank you Sir

Files:
unique_id.png  121 kb

profit56:

mladen

Sir, thanks a lot for the prompt response.

Maybe I am missing a point.... but I would have thought it kinda have the ability for unique ID of lines....... as per attached pics.

The only feature that is totally wrong in it is striking one direction multiple entries on one line as price frictions on it.

These line can be anything from horizontal to vertical .......and need not be specifically from an indicator..... that is, they can be randomly hand drawn trendlines

I am sure you see where am herding, Sir.

I have attached a pic to show exactly what it does in terms of lines ID.....please have a look.

Thank you Sir

What I was trying to tell is the following : if you do not use magic number (is the EA does not use it right now) there is no way how you can have a connection between the order and the line, and if there is no connection, then the EA can not take care of the orders that are corresponding to given UniqueID line

mladen:
What I was trying to tell is the following : if you do not use magic number (is the EA does not use it right now) there is no way how you can have a connection between the order and the line, and if there is no connection, then the EA can not take care of the orders that are corresponding to given UniqueID line

Sir

I think I am with you now about this EA.

There is a life or death situation I am trying to resolve (money needed for it) and its got a deadline..... so I figured an EA could speedup things.......trading a number of pairs simultanously.

Truth is I have no clue about coding even though I have tried to get some education about it. But following what you have just said......how about just inserting a magic number into it only as a starting point. The other thing to mention is that as to orders management..... we do not programe into this code... for that......another blanket SL/TP/BE/ Trail EA is in place to backup all orders spooled out by this EA.

This is just a random thought...... what do think about inserting ....only..... a magic number, for starters? Or Maybe, as a coding giant, suggest an alternative EA.

Thanks a lot, Sir

profit56:

Sir

I think I am with you now about this EA.

There is a life or death situation I am trying to resolve (money needed for it) and its got a deadline..... so I figured an EA could speedup things.......trading a number of pairs simultanously.

Truth is I have no clue about coding even though I have tried to get some education about it. But following what you have just said......how about just inserting a magic number into it only as a starting point. The other thing to mention is that as to orders management..... we do not programe into this code... for that......another blanket SL/TP/BE/ Trail EA is in place to backup all orders spooled out by this EA.

This is just a random thought...... what do think about inserting ....only..... a magic number, for starters? Or Maybe, as a coding giant, suggest an alternative EA.

Thanks a lot, Sir

profit56

if you are in a life or death situation (as you describe) , my sincerest advice is that you do not trade but to solve your money problems first and then do some trading

All the best