SHOW OFF your trades with SCREENSHOTS - page 2

tampa:
The problem is that we can not see if an order was a buy or sell on the pictures

Hi tampa, the way I've got the color scheme configured, the sell orders would be drawn with a red arrow and blue orders would be drawn with a blue arrow. Examples: post #4 for sell, post #5 for buy. But nevermind my trades, I want to see what other people are doing so that I can possibly have different goals. Another reason to view other traders' trades is that I believe it would serve as a "good role model" for new traders.

madopter:
Hi tampa, the way I've got the color scheme configured, the sell orders would be drawn with a red arrow and blue orders would be drawn with a blue arrow. Examples: post #4 for sell, post #5 for buy. But nevermind my trades, I want to see what other people are doing so that I can possibly have different goals. Another reason to view other traders' trades is that I believe it would serve as a "good role model" for new traders.

OK

That clarifies the things. Thanks

I don't see the point, but I'll give a try. Even if it's not Forex, here is a Dow Jones pre market hours trade.

Files:
dow_jonesm5.png  32 kb

airquest:
I don't see the point, but I'll give a try. Even if it's not Forex, here is a Dow Jones pre market hours trade.

Hi airquest, thanks for showing off despite it seeming pointless. So this is some of what I gathered from your screenshot:

1. good to see that DJIA can trend in pre-market hours.

2. seeing a little blue dash mark tells me you set a very good target.

3. not seeing a little red dash mark tells me you didn't set an initial stop (at least not close enough to price to see) -- this tells me I might not possibly be crazy when I don't put my initial stop too close either even though it technically makes my R:R terrible. I've recently noticed I get stopped out very often only then to see the price to continue in profit. Instead, I'd rather aggressively manage the trade. Anyway...

4. I see you stuck it out during the chop -- this tells me I should also have confidence to stick it out and see it through to my TP, after setting to BE.

There are other things one can gather (including which broker people are using nowadays) so I would say there is a lot of benefits to you sharing information -- there is a point So, thanks.

Before going to sleep, I decided to let the trade run by not having a TP and as usual, it's much better to have a hard TP. The TP would have been where the horizontal dashed line is. Ah well, this is DEMO after all -- yes, I'm still demo trading My goal is that until I can risk 1 or 2% per trade with R:R of (at least) 1:2 and turn $5000 into a ridiculous amount in 2 months of consistent activity then I'm not going live. Obviously I have a ways to go since I'm still trying to find a decent place to put my SL.

Files:
usdjpym15.png  44 kb

madopter:
Hi airquest, thanks for showing off despite it seeming pointless. So this is some of what I gathered from your screenshot:

1. good to see that DJIA can trend in pre-market hours.

2. seeing a little blue dash mark tells me you set a very good target.

3. not seeing a little red dash mark tells me you didn't set an initial stop (at least not close enough to price to see) -- this tells me I might not possibly be crazy when I don't put my initial stop too close either even though it technically makes my R:R terrible. I've recently noticed I get stopped out very often only then to see the price to continue in profit. Instead, I'd rather aggressively manage the trade. Anyway...

4. I see you stuck it out during the chop -- this tells me I should also have confidence to stick it out and see it through to my TP, after setting to BE.

There are other things one can gather (including which broker people are using nowadays) so I would say there is a lot of benefits to you sharing information -- there is a point So, thanks.

:-) I'm surprised what you can get from this. Ok, it seems not to be pointless. Yes my target was hit, but somehow it didn't close the order, it seems to be a connection or broker problem, I don't know, so I closed it manually when I saw. I don't use stop losses everytime, this time I didn't have to because I was at break even. You see, there is a lowest high on the chart, so my psychological stop loss was above this, but I didn't have to put it, because price fell quite rapidly. Anyway, I hope it helps. Cheers.

Question for admins: it's my first thread and I'm curious about something -- currently it's showing there were 619 views. Are those views from

1. unique IPs only (so each IP would count as 1 and that's it).

2. single or multiple visits from any IP.

3. mostly composed of BOTs, etc., crawling the threads for information or indexing?

madopter:
Question for admins: it's my first thread and I'm curious about something -- currently it's showing there were 619 views. Are those views from

1. unique IPs only (so each IP would count as 1 and that's it).

2. single or multiple visits from any IP.

3. mostly composed of BOTs, etc., crawling the threads for information or indexing?

No idea

Spamming bots are mostly trying to post at one particular thread (forgive me for not telling which one but they are made to try to do so - a part of anti spamm protection). Usually those are multiple visits (depending on the new posts posted in the thread - people usually want to be updated what is new happening)

Crawlers are not counted (like google bot that is crawling all the time in order to provide easier search, and similar bots)