Dolly?

Recognise this indicator fellow tsd members? Some people have no scruples, they could argue that it is a free download however first they had to decompile Dolly and remove the password security then they renamed it and rewrote parts of it to suit themselves, at the very least they should acknowledege the original programmers and the tsd forum, what do you guys think?

My only hope is that the new MT4 security stops this sort of thing in the future and it takes these sort of people out of the loop, all these vultures do is make a profit on the back of others hard work. Also I should mention at least one other binary site I have seen has another hacked version of this on their site.

Files:
satpro.gif  487 kb
satpro2.gif  233 kb

A quick look today through eBay Forex reveals more unscrupulous sellers of free indicators from tsd, some even state that they have the copyright and have programmed the indicators themselves and that the software is new? Some buyers are even stupid enough to purchase software with the password FREE @ tsd still in place? go figure?

Of course most of the indicators have been decompiled and the password removed so when the seller is contacted they act all innocent that they thought because it was free it was alright to sell it.

Oh sorry my mistake, of course you thought you were doing no wrong thats why you decompiled it removed the password and renamed it and claimed it as your own software and sell something that is not yours and is available for free.

The best thing about the new MT4 is that I know for a fact that the New Dolly will not work on the new platform without extensive recoding so I hope the buyers get back to the sellers and give them a real hard time.

Files:
ebay1.gif  123 kb
ebay2.gif  121 kb
ebay3.gif  146 kb
ebay4.gif  169 kb
ebay5.gif  181 kb

Guess some kind of a protection will be a must

Too much cases like these

I doubt that there is more than 2-3% original code sold there. Those are almost all scamers pretending to be coders. The same thing happens at the metaquotes market too : I have seen at least 30-40% of things there that are not sold using their original names (ie: not an author).

More of the same, these people ITM Financial apparently supply the software to other Binary Brokers, I contacted Binary International yesterday who use a verion of Dolly called Saturn Pro and explained to them that they were using decompiled software and their response was to say it was 3rd party software supplied by ITM Financial and then we suddenly had a technical hitch and the operater was no longer available?

I do not know what can be done about this but how can someone make the sort of claims these people are making?

Look at this statment, they even claim to be the creators of the software and it is absolutely beyond doubt that Dolly was created and developed on the TSD Forum over a period of years.

"The software itself is the most beautiful and eye pleasing software we have created to date"

Files:
text.gif  7 kb
itm.gif  108 kb

cja:
More of the same, these people ITM Financial apparently supply the software to other Binary Brokers, I contacted Binary International yesterday who use a verion of Dolly called Saturn Pro and explained to them that they were using decompiled software and their response was to say it was 3rd party software supplied by ITM Financial and then we suddenly had a technical hitch and the operater was no longer available?

I do not know what can be done about this but how can someone make the sort of claims these people are making?

Look at this statment, they even claim to be the creators of the software and it is absolutely beyond doubt that Dolly was created and developed on the TSD Forum over a period of years.

"The software itself is the most beautiful and eye pleasing software we have created to date"

Shame on them... just find a lawyer and sue them.

By the way cja, why dolly doesn't display right on XAUUSD? the gap will be super narrow between buy and sell zones.

mladen:
Guess some kind of a protection will be a must Too much cases like these

better send a letter to ebay to complain. it's ebay's responsibility to check its seller and products' eligibility.

Hi wccmcd,

"By the way cja, why dolly doesn't display right on XAUUSD? the gap will be super narrow between buy and sell zones."Basically Dolly was designed to work on currency pairs not Metals, oil and the Dow etc so the point settings are not set correctly for anything other than currency pairs. A work around is to increase the Dolly Buy/Sell and target numbers from 20/40/50 to 200/400/500 and that will set the panels in the correct place. I will look into it however I have yet to find code for a point setup that suits currency pairs and everything else that is traded.

cja:

It is so easy to be a coder these days : get some code on the net, rename it and write a nice little story.

I guess that the problem of the real coders is that they don't write nice stories how something was coded. PR, PR, and PR. Without a Hollywood like story people are going to believe to the "the software itself is the most beautiful and eye pleasant software we have created to date" rather than to "I have been coding it for months"

That will never end

Even if you protect the code, there will be those that are going to sell it as if they made it. That is the nature of the men.

Mladen and Cja,

take a look at this webpage about Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and I hope this can do some help... bad thing is you guys have to waste lots of time fighting with this issue instead of coding...