New metatrader 4 compatible experts - page 6

ooobe:
Sorry I thought it's attached.

golden_finger_ea.mq4

Thank you

So are you saying that you have had this EA working in the past and it has just stopped working recently? I ask this because it will not work unless you have the GoldenFingerindicator in your indicator folder as it does an iCustom call to that indicator.

I already have that indicator in the same folder, let me share it with you to see that goldenfinger.mq4.

No I downloaded recently but as I read it was working in the past.

Files:

ooobe:
I already have that indicator in the same folder, let me share it with you to see that goldenfinger.mq4. No I downloaded recently but as I read it was working in the past.

It works in back test without any change in the code

Files:
goldfinger.gif  70 kb

Worried!

I didn't get any new trade for 24 hours for different pairs, have you got any?

ooobe:
Worried! I didn't get any new trade for 24 hours for different pairs, have you got any?

I tested in a back test and it works

As far as I see it does not trade frequently - so you should wait some more - if it trades in backtest it should trade in real time (there is no limitation in the EA to trade only in back test)

It could be a problem in settings! because I already got some dots from the indicator but nothing auto trade!

by the way of you have any experience in such settings what is the risk is 6 mean very risky? and what about the max candle height please.

Thanks a lot.

ooobe:
It could be a problem in settings! because I already got some dots from the indicator but nothing auto trade!

by the way of you have any experience in such settings what is the risk is 6 mean very risky? and what about the max candle height please.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry

I did not use that Ea in trading nor do I use it

All I did is test if it works with this new metatrader 4, so I can not give you any advice regarding that EA

Thank you. It's not working.

The indecator itself is working fine but not the EA, for example I got a dot now to sell Euro/USD but I didnt get an auto trade by the expert.

ooobe:
Thank you. It's not working. The indecator itself is working fine but not the EA, for example I got a dot now to sell Euro/USD but I didnt get an auto trade by the expert.

Did you enable live trading in the EA and terminal at all?

If you did, then it has to work. Also check your journals and experts tab for eventual errors

PS: dot is not the only signal that EA is using. Another condition is if(High[1]-Low[1] >=MaxCandleHeight*Point). If that condition is not fulfilled along with the "dot" then there will be no trade

PPS: it is using signals from a first closed bar, not from a currently opened bar

ooobe:
Thank you. It's not working. The indecator itself is working fine but not the EA, for example I got a dot now to sell Euro/USD but I didnt get an auto trade by the expert.

Set the MaxCandleHeight to some very big value (10.000 for example and that would be a 1000 pip candle) and it should enter on every signal (default is 40 pips previous bar height).