MQL4 to other language CONVERTER

Hi MQL4 community,

I would like to open this new thread to help the MQL4 community to establish bridges with other means of coding. As you already know, the MQL4 editor has been an open source, free and easy way to access retail markets. For lots of retail traders, MQL4 has been (and still is) a good / acceptable language. As you also know, MT4 platform and “text editor” will change in the futur. See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353 , and thanks to Mladen, we have greatfull informations about our futur. Although I firmly believe that MetaQuotes will - and HAS to- deliver a good text editor (compiler) in the futur for competitivity reasons , one has to open their minds. Most of us have tried other alternate platforms, but most of us also have “personnal codes” , Ea's and Indic's that can't be shared for some reasons. MQL4 community has soooo huge quantity of stuff...

This thread is to establish links , informations, all relevant infos about MQL4 to other language converter.

1- Do you know a MQL4 CONVERTER to TRADESTATION?

2- Do you know a MQL4 CONVERTER to C ? to C# ?

3- Do you know a MQL4 CONVERTER to xxx text editor ?

In other words and to make it simple, other than https://www.freelancer.com/ one file at a time pay to convert by a coder... A converter that will allow the MQL4 spirit: open source, home made convert.

Thanks for your feedback.

Enjoy coding, enjoy trading.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Hi MQL4 community,

I would like to open this new thread to help the MQL4 community to establish bridges with other means of coding. As you already know, the MQL4 editor has been an open source, free and easy way to access retail markets. For lots of retail traders, MQL4 has been (and still is) a good / acceptable language. As you also know, MT4 platform and “text editor” will change in the futur. See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183353 , and thanks to Mladen, we have greatfull informations about our futur. Although I firmly believe that MetaQuotes will - and HAS to- deliver a good text editor (compiler) in the futur for competitivity reasons , one has to open their minds. Most of us have tried other alternate platforms, but most of us also have “personnal codes” , Ea's and Indic's that can't be shared for some reasons. MQL4 community has soooo huge quantity of stuff...

This thread is to establish links , informations, all relevant infos about MQL4 to other language converter.

In other words and to make it simple, other than https://www.freelancer.com/ one file at a time pay to convert by a coder... A converter that will allow the MQL4 spirit: open source, home made convert.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98

Conversion from mql to some other coding language can be done only partially.

The part that considers the pure mql itself is no problem (it is a C like coding language) but the part that is dealing with functions is mostly not possible to convert (no trading function can be converted). There is no API for mql functions and we can not use DDE either to reach those functions, so the conversion stops at the basic level of conversion which is probably not what you had in mind

PS: I have seen some things claiming that they are made an API but all those were simply a kind of EAs that had to be run on a terminal in order to allow any kind of "communication" so they are even less suitable fo any kind of conversion

Tomcat98:
Hi MQL4 community,

Tomcat98

Been reading this post and I have a question : what is a "Do you know a MQL4 CONVERTER to xxx text editor ?"?

mladen:
Been reading this post and I have a question : what is a "Do you know a MQL4 CONVERTER to xxx text editor ?"?

Hi mladen, thank you for your helpful posts I've read a lot!

I'm a newbie here and have a stupid question: how to convert my "creation" in mt5 language to mt4? By chance i did an indicator and shoot me - can't do it in mt4

The main problem is to draw line in two colors - one UP and another - DOWN on the main window

thank you in advance!bvt_hamovline.mq5

Files:

Hi Mladen,

A few months ago I had (ans still have)serious wonders about MQL4 futur. As I have developed MT4 very advanced tools that I haven't seen anywhere else, my goal was to find a solution to transform these lines of codes into other programming languages. "xxx" refers to "others programming languages" , a kind of lazy boy tool to convert from a coding language to another one. Unfortunately , I have been obliged to make boil some of my neurons to do it myself. I am now all set with enough "xxx" tools to trade appropriately.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

Tomcat98:
Hi Mladen,

A few months ago I had (ans still have)serious wonders about MQL4 futur. As I have developed MT4 very advanced tools that I haven't seen anywhere else, my goal was to find a solution to transform these lines of codes into other programming languages. "xxx" refers to "others programming languages" , a kind of lazy boy tool to convert from a coding language to another one. Unfortunately , I have been obliged to make boil some of my neurons to do it myself. I am now all set with enough "xxx" tools to trade appropriately.

Sincerely.

Tomcat98

OK

Now I understand (you got me puzzled for a moment ) Thanks