MT4 or MT5 Platform - page 2

coensio:
Hi, I just love MT5, and it's the only way to properly backtest a multi-currency based system! So I use MT5 for developing and MT4 for real trading.

Why are you porting code to metatrader 4 then?

Mt5 seems to be more sophisticated but has some restriction. But all the same mt4 is still most popular due to is simple and easy to use.

sity:
Mt5 seems to be more sophisticated but has some restriction. But all the same mt4 is still most popular due to is simple and easy to use.

What is the purpose of using windows controls from mql code?

All we need is reasonable parameters change and description (metatrader 4 has it now), and efficiency (still metatrader 4 more efficient than metatrader 5 - but with new changes unfortunatelly the gap is lower - metatrader 4 being slowed down) and normal trading (not that ridiculous metatrader 5 way). So, what is the "advantage" of metatrader 5?

PS: please do not tell the speed, since that is not true

Both platform are good Mt5 seems to be more sophisticated form but its all about user preferences. I on my part still prefer using mt4. It simple and easy to use and understand.

I think tradingview will be future king retail platform... MT4/5 have a big bug. Metaquotes bug. Impossible fix it.

They are both great platform but mt4 is more simple and good for new traders to use.