From August 1, 2013 MetaTrader 4 terminals older than build 500 no longer supported

Here we go : the arm twisting continues. Wonder how will it be with metatrader 4/5 merger? And what are we going to be forced to do then?

Worse than the KGB...or is it FSB?

According to some semi-official talk, the limitation is necessary due to communications protocol change. I find it a bit hard to believe that now all those versions with all those different communication protocols are able yo work and will not be able to to continue to do so from the 1st of August. Anyway, do not want to nag. All this that happens is serious enough already (for example did anybody notice a small sentence in their journals tab that goes like this "previous successful authorization preformed from nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn" (your IP of course)). Now, I really would like to know what does my IP has to do with a security (when there is already an account number and a password), and if it is a security "extension", does that mean that maybe, just maybe there was something wrong with the "regular" security?

As usual, we are not told anything that actually matters and as usually all we can do is nag and accept or change the platform. And, believe me, with decompilers disabled, the whole metatrader playground is going to shrink very fast

I guess that all we can do now is wait and see what other "surprises" they prepared to us

Guess that MT6 will be release before I move to MT5. Just like windows. Migrated from XP to Win 7 without ever looking at Vista.

Anyway I hope MQ will come to their senses and give us out old MT4 back.

A reminder : 1st of August is the day after tomorrow. If you have live account with older build, prepare yourselves

Just a last reminder : according to metaquotes, from tomorrow metatrader builds prior to 500 will cease to work

It seems that some got caught by surprise with this latest limitation

If you moved or deleted liveupdate.exe from metatrader folder you will have to copy it to that folder again and let it upgrade your terminal. Attaching liveUpdate.exe from build 432 (that should help in upgrading your metatrader build prior to build 500). Unpack it and copy it to metatrader folder and it should start the update when you start the terminal

Files:
liveupdate.zip  133 kb