Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 219

latest information of latest build at mt5 site ....

Files:
mql5.gif  16 kb

checkin:
latest information of latest build at mt5 site ....

They are back but still not a single word of builds 777 and 778 (and what was changed). We are again tricked to be beta testers

@Techmac, because while MT4 continue used for all brokers, we dont have more options. I need practice my skills for correct my mistakes and i can't with his bad backtester.

PS: they confirmed me FileOpenHistory is forbidden now in backtester now. But my surprise was his ask. He ask me why EA needs use that method in backtesting. It's evident for them best backtest feature is see how trader is happy believing robot performance in backtest is same in real market... Maybe MT4 sell smoke, happiness smoke.

braintheboss:
@Techmac, because while MT4 continue used for all brokers, we dont have more options. I need practice my skills for correct my mistakes and i can't with his bad backtester. PS: they confirmed me FileOpenHistory is forbidden now in backtester now. But my surprise was his ask. He ask me why EA needs use that method in backtesting. It's evident for them best backtest feature is see how trader is happy believing robot performance in backtest is same in real market... Maybe MT4 sell smoke, happiness smoke.

Lol, then that developer was curious, they usually reply with statement like "it is removed/non implemented/faulty because it has no use/no sense/no reason" and close the bug without any question.

BTW, additional reason why I do not use MQL file handling.

Someone know what means this? "But it allowes to build Graal's for sale"

braintheboss:
Someone know what means this? "But it allowes to build Graal's for sale"

In case your query is related to the FileOpenHistory, then the guy with poor grammar probably meant you could access any hst file and use it in fraud logic during backtesting.

Ovo:
In case your query is related to the FileOpenHistory, then the guy with poor grammar probably meant you could access any hst file and use it in fraud logic during backtesting.

Wow!!! I never think about that Last answer was "You can use Global variables to send correct values of other yimeframes from your EA to attached indicators at chart in visual mode."

After that answer i prefer close bug ticket because is evident they have different world vision...

braintheboss:
Wow!!! I never think about that Last answer was "You can use Global variables to send correct values of other yimeframes from your EA to attached indicators at chart in visual mode." After that answer i prefer close bug ticket because is evident they have different world vision...

Nice. First time I heard that an EA should send (via global variables) values of indicators to those same indicators (since I assume he meant that the values should be calculated by the indicators you want to test) so that they can be tested . That is an idea : make an indicator that will send its values to itself, and then it will send values to itself, and then it will send values to itself ... and then we are going to be told that it is called an infinite recursion (I hope that they know what does that mean). And we should make 100 lines of code more to duplicate all the stuff just in order to recurse where recursion is not needed at all

Looks like a desperate answer

mladen:
Nice. First time I heard that an EA should send (via global variables) values of indicators to those same indicators (since I assume he meant that the values should be calculated by the indicators you want to test) so that they can be tested . That is an idea : make an indicator that will send its values to itself, and then it will send values to itself, and then it will send values to itself ... and then we are going to be told that it is called an infinite recursion (I hope that they know what does that mean). And we should make 100 lines of code more to duplicate all the stuff just in order to recurse where recursion is not needed at all Looks like a desperate answer

Really first thing i thinked was... "i will rewrite all for they forbidden use global variables then". Only option is bypass backtester. Is less work than try adapt to Metaquotes rules.

Build 780

Again : not a single word what was corrected and what is changed.