Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 203

Tzuman:
Thanksgiving is coming; you know what happens to the turkeys on that day. The analogy is appropriate for traders as well.

I know. We can even be called stuffed turkeys - stuffed with mq nonsense statements

Doomsday is near at hand. Behold the coming MT4 Apocalypse!

Wintersky

wintersky111:
Doomsday is near at hand. Behold the coming MT4 Apocalypse! Wintersky

Soon metatrader users will be called tomb raiders

Just a side note : EAs will not even initialize without a connection to the broker.

Meaning : I would like to think that it is a bug, but taking into account the (in)famous ERR_TRADE_EXPERT_DISABLED_BY_SERVER error, it becomes obvious that no EA will work if not allowed by the server. GREAT MOVE mq. F...g fantastic.

PS: that "error" is not documented any more (it is not a part of the standard error descriptions and it is not in the include files). But, to keep it documented for the generations to come, here it is :

Files:
ea.gif  89 kb

techmac:
Just a side note : EAs will not even initialize without a connection to the broker.

I believe that the EA did not initialize in the pre-509 either, when there was no connection to the internet.

Tested the initialization (init() or OnInit() functions) execution without connection, and it is buggy : it sometimes works sometimes not (on time frame and symbol changes it works with a delay that can not be explained otherwise than a bug). start() (or OnTick()) normally do not work in that case (when there is no connection) due to the lack of ticks

In general : OnInit() sometimes works sometimes not. init() never works

Here is an example when it worked on a first attachment to the chart - later attempts to do the same thing failed erratically :

But if you change time frames or symbols you shall see some unusual (buggy) behavior

The test ea used is this :

int init() { Comment("I am initilized"); return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

void start()

{

Comment("I am in start");

}

Previous builds (build 509 and earlier) always called init() (I know it from personal experience since I was using eClock that is an EA with an endless loop in the init() that shows the bar timer and ConnectionLogger EA with similar logic - also in the init() - that was recording if the connection to a broker is present or not), so the difference is that the init() is not called in the new build every time it should be called

Just another bug ...

But techmac is right in one thing though : ERR_TRADE_EXPERT_DISABLED_BY_SERVER disappeared from the help file (no description of it) and from stderror include file even though it can be used (its value is 4112)

Files:
init.gif  88 kb

Then it is worse that in my version

In my version they would have a working solution for what they intended to do

Being just another bug is making it (after a 1.5 year) what we all know - 100% unreliable

techmac:
Then it is worse that in my version

In my version they would have a working solution for what they intended to do

Being just another bug is making it (after a 1.5 year) what we all know - 100% unreliable

I wish we did not have to talk about these issues

But it becomes more and more just a wish

nbtrading:
I wish we did not have to talk about these issues But it becomes more and more just a wish

Christmas is near. That's why Wishes become reality! Albeit a nightmare our "gift" was

In accordance with most current information, almost all of the alterations will probably be "language related". I'm frightened that that time period ensures that the whole compatibility with preceding variants associated with MT4 is not exactly what the key target is usually understanding that signifies an additional decelerate