Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 124

checkin:
Guys, as it turn out, some thing that are written in the mql 4 help file are not true (considering some functions used in metatrader). For example they say in the help file that ChartSaveTemplate can be done in metatrader 4 while today the explicitly told that it will never be implemented in metatrader 4. So, we can not trust the help file either

Help file is filled with faults

All should be checked and rechecked but even if on one build it work it does not mean that it will work in the next one. They will need a long time to clean this mess up

I see the drop down labels have returned to the correct order in the last two builds I did not notice at first as nothing appeared to have changed after the updates however after compiling an existing indicator I saw that the order changed for that indicator and on further checking noticed anything not compiled on the new update still retained the reverse order. Is that normal that platform updates only take affect once an indicator is recompiled? if that is the case does that mean after every platform update you have to recompile every indicator EA and script for the new changes to take place?

cja:
I see the drop down labels have returned to the correct order in the last two builds I did not notice at first as nothing appeared to have changed after the updates however after compiling an existing indicator I saw that the order changed for that indicator and on further checking noticed anything not compiled on the new update still retained the reverse order. Is that normal that platform updates only take affect once an indicator is recompiled? if that is the case does that mean after every platform update you have to recompile every indicator EA and script for the new changes to take place?

I guess that in this one we shall have to do that

The biggest problem is becoming obvious : the compiled code is wrong in a lot of cases. So, the ex4 files can not be trusted (who knows what errors are residing in it). Then how to distribute some things?

There will be at least 3-4 new better trading platforms before the debug this version(s). It took them years to debug previous metatrader 4. It will take them years too to make this metatrader 4 with as few bugs (even though there are there) as the build 509

I know it had been told, but new help files are useless

techmac:
I know it had been told, but new help files are useless

I think that there is more than that. I have a feeling that metatrader is dying (just go around the forums and you will see what I mean). This was a dirty trick to convert trading platform to signal selling

checkin:
I think that there is more than that. I have a feeling that metatrader is dying (just go around the forums and you will see what I mean). This was a dirty trick to convert trading platform to signal selling

Now they are going to happily ruin demo accounts

techmac:
:) Now they are going to happily ruin demo accounts

There is again a very little activity on English speaking part of the forum and more on Russian part. Now I am already starting to think that English speaking community is slowly giving up metatrader 4

Wait 'till Ukrainian speaking part will get active!

checkin:
There is again a very little activity on English speaking part of the forum and more on Russian part. Now I am already starting to think that English speaking community is slowly giving up metatrader 4

Pava:
Wait 'till Ukrainian speaking part will get active!

Something is going on and it seems that this time mq has misfired big time