Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 73

No changes at the metatrader forum : English speaking part of the forum is silent about the beta. Looks like this time they are going to have to beg the people to tell anything about this beta there

Bulid 569 nothing much appears to have changed, Comment() still having issues.

They are just buying time : throwing out builds to appear as if something is done. We have seen that a lot of times already from the ame guys

The only news is that renat is having hard time to convince people at the Russian part of the forum that new ex4 files can not be decompiled. Seems that the line numbers thing caught the attention of coders and that now everybody knows what is the possible outcome of that

mladen:
"official" is what renat calls a "public beta" version. I guess so far we had a "clandestine beta" version and now we are going to officially be allowed to have an opinion on the beta version regardless of the language we are using (but lets wait and see - who knows) As of that error : in my opinion, when it has an information of the error and a line number then ex4 is : either heavily stuffed with debug info (which I doubt) or the ex4 format again has nothing to do with native code - from having information about line numbers and names of the functions to decompiler the distance is infinitesimal.

MLaden was right again! Kudos to him

EMA variation

To add some positive to this thread : here is a little experiment how ema can be made smoother but without adding lag. Default divisor parameter is set to produce a value close to original ema. Setting the divisor to higher values makes the "ema" faster". Setting it to lower values, makes it "slower". Also, there are some things in the code that can be done only in the new metatrader 4, so it will not work on current non-beta builds. Primary gola of making this one was to experiment and to see what will some formats of functions bring us in the future

Here is a comparison of the two EMAs : orange is this one, green is the regular EMA

Files:

Not a single new post in the English part of metaquotes about the beta. If I was metaquotes I would start thinking .. a lot

checkin:
Not a single new post in the English part of metaquotes about the beta. If I was metaquotes I would start thinking .. a lot

Nothing to wonder about. They created this situation now lets see how will they solve it

The silence there on the English part that should be talking about beta continues. And I mean a total silence

checkin:
The silence there on the English part that should be talking about beta continues. And I mean a total silence

Yeah agree. But they will break the silence soon.