Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 72

techmac:
What did they say : what shall happen today?

Nothing significant : it is just an official public beta testing date

Nothing special should happen today

Just an "official" public beta testing should start today (whatever that means)

Nothing new at the mq site. We can only wait

What is the difference between an "Official" beta and what we were testing up to today? I'm sure it must mean they will now be accepting bug reports on their English thread. Of course, I am jesting.

On another matter, I had a divide by zero error and the Experts tab now shows the error and line number which is a distinct improvement from not reporting it at all.

Tzuman:
What is the difference between an "Official" beta and what we were testing up to today? I'm sure it must mean they will now be accepting bug reports on their English thread. Of course, I am jesting. On another matter, I had a divide by zero error and the Experts tab now shows the error and line number which is a distinct improvement from not reporting it at all.

"official" is what renat calls a "public beta" version. I guess so far we had a "clandestine beta" version and now we are going to officially be allowed to have an opinion on the beta version regardless of the language we are using (but lets wait and see - who knows)

As of that error : in my opinion, when it has an information of the error and a line number then ex4 is : either heavily stuffed with debug info (which I doubt) or the ex4 format again has nothing to do with native code - from having information about line numbers and names of the functions to decompiler the distance is infinitesimal.

No new build, no updates. Nothing happens so far

checkin:
No new build, no updates. Nothing happens so far

That is a good news

Build 569

Issues with labels still the same. OnCalculate() still not usable they way it is supposed to be usad

One big difference regarding some things in the new metatrader 4 :

If someone wants to use OnCalculate() function with following parameters :

int OnCalculate (const int rates_total, // size of input time series

const int prev_calculated, // bars handled in previous call

const datetime& time[], // Time

const double& open[], // Open

const double& high[], // High

const double& low[], // Low

const double& close[], // Close

const long& tick_volume[], // Tick Volume

const long& volume[], // Real Volume

const int& spread[]) // Spread

be advised that, unlike when used in metatrader 5, all the used arrays in the parameters list ARE ALREADY SET AS SERIES. Also, whatever form of SetIndexBuffer() you use in metatrader 4, if you do not set the buffer explicitly not to be a series, they are set to be as series in metatrader 4. The compatibility of these things is strictly on name level, not on the usage level too. Assuming that they work the same may lead to serious errors. So, even if you use the same named functions in metatrader 4 and metatrader 5, they will not be compatible without recoding

Here is one example indicator that will clearly show why metatrader 4 and metatrader 5 can not be compatible (if you try to compile the indicator using metatrader 5, it will compile with no problem at all, but the results are going to be all wrong - so do not count on compatibility since the compatibility is cut in the root). The indicator is simply using OnInit() and OnCalculate() functions that are common in metatrader 5

Files: