Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 37

New update to build 537

Unfortunately still big, big problems with parameters and custom indicators (parameters passing using iCustom() still unusable - in some cases causes access violation errors, no name indicators, unloads the indicator when you change time frame or symbol ... the list is long)

mladen:
New update to build 537 Unfortunately still big, big problems with parameters and custom indicators (parameters passing using iCustom() still unusable - in some cases causes access violation errors, no name indicators, unloads the indicator when you change time frame or symbol ... the list is long)

So what have been changed to better?

techmac:
So what have been changed to better?

I don't know

I checked these issues that I know and they are not corrected. The impossibility to use iCustom() makes all the EAs that use custom indicators useless (or any indicator that uses iCustom() call to do any job) so, for now, the whole thing is not usable

That will not be a few weeks after all

checkin:
That will not be a few weeks after all

The way it is going, nothing normal to be seen before new year (or later)

techmac:
The way it is going, nothing normal to be seen before new year (or later)

Yeah Agree. Let's see

Just some more pictures : in the newest build 537, some indicators can prevent other indicators from executing. The "no name" one on the picture is an indicator that works perfectly till you change time frame or symbol. After that, whatever other indicator is there on chart loaded after it, it will be prevented from executing (adaptive smoother for example does not show on chart even though if it is used alone it would be visible). So, the current state of the new metatrader 4 is not a usable state

Files:
new_mt4.gif  40 kb

maybe they should just skip MT4. whatever it is, and start working on MT6

they should also maybe add a link on the Metaquotes site to the Samaritans

so much for trying to protect a few coders work, when its likely most of the revenue is generated from brokers

who buys these ex4 files anyway, unless the code is a proprietary indicator or EA, which are likely not on the internet

what a balls up

alot of us have said all along - all MT5 needed was to have the features reinstated they deliberately took off from MT4

like the half decent strategy tester MT4 has already

and if they make the MT5 tester work for manual trading - like it does for EAs in MT5 (which the majority of traders don't want and will never use)

add offline charts to MT5 - and problem nearly solved

they seem to be cutting their own throats for some EA and indicator sales on the MQ's site

if MT4.something does nt satisfy the brokers, after a while they will just add rubbish charts and a web based platform, and at 50K for MT4 someone else will be offering the same features or better for 45k

who said greed was good?

WR1:
maybe they should just skip MT4. whatever it is, and start working on MT6 ...

Isn't that what is usually referred to as "calling the devil" :):) ?

Man that would be something ...

For the one loving the "never seen before" things

There is a new build of beta version of new metatrader (build 538) and the iCustom() call is finally moved from zero point, but just an inch ... Attaching an example that is doing what I have never seen before. When the "master" calls the "slave" and you change time frames or symbols, "slave" is not unloaded from memory and when you go back to the original time frame or symbol, it resumes to work from where it stopped. If it was in real trading that would be a hell of a bug to find (since nobody would think that a "slave" indicator has never been reset)

So among other things I have never seen on trading platform, this is one more for this beta (build 538). Eventually it will kill your terminal, so iCustom() is still not usable for normal work