Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 25

chrisstoff:
Hi Tzuman,

Thank you for your helpfulness.

I tried two different setup files. One of them from Alpari UK. I uploaded the file here and the actual one can be downloaded from Alpari.

The other one is from Metaquotes. I also uploaded it here and you can download the current version from Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4.

One more piece of information: I use Wndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operation system and F-Secure Internet Security 2013 as antivirus and firewall software and this calls Windows firewall.

Hope you will be successful and can find out what the problem is.

chrisstoff

If it is any consolation it seems that you are not the only one with the same problem. Here is one post at metaquotes site talking about same issue and they could not help him there : Бета версия MetaTrader 4 IDE, включающая в себя новый компилятор MQL4 и редактор - MQL4 форум (that is a thread about beta metatrader 4, but the problem is exactly the same as yours - the guy does not have any proxy and what happens to him is almost the same as what happens to you)

And still nothing new regarding metatrader 45

And now the excuses : Google Translate

So it seems that the old versions are what makes all the changes in the new version slow and late. Why was then it announced?

mladen:
chrisstoff If it is any consolation it seems that you are not the only one with the same problem. Here is one post at metaquotes site talking about same issue and they could not help him there : Бета версия MetaTrader 4 IDE, включающая в себя новый компилятор MQL4 и редактор - MQL4 форум (that is a thread about beta metatrader 4, but the problem is exactly the same as yours - the guy does not have any proxy and what happens to him is almost the same as what happens to you)

Mladen,

Thank you for the information. Good to know I am not alone On the other side, it seems to be a real bug in MT4 again, and they did not know how to handle it. Perhaps there are too many patches on MT4...

chrisstoff:
Mladen, Thank you for the information. Good to know I am not alone On the other side, it seems to be a real bug in MT4 again, and they did not know how to handle it. Perhaps there are too many patches on MT4...

chrisstoff, have you tried deinstalling properly and doing a reinstall after ??

To thoroughly delete its files, please follow the steps:

* Run Registry Editor

* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui

* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.

Completely Uninstall and Remove metatrader-4-1.0

It seems that they simply do not know why is it happening. Maybe even some problem with interacting with some other application. I have seen when some antivirues were interfering with perfectly clean applications

It seems that they do not know in a lot of things what is going on. Like the new metatrader 4

By now the threads that were used to get new information of the "new metatrader 4" are used for anything but for that (for information regarding new builds of that beta). Not a good sign

Gfuchs:
chrisstoff, have you tried deinstalling properly and doing a reinstall after ??

To thoroughly delete its files, please follow the steps:

* Run Registry Editor

* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui

* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.

Completely Uninstall and Remove metatrader-4-1.0

Gfuchs,

Thank you for the advice but the thing is that it did not install anything. The installation stopped because it asked for proxy server address, login and password.

Nevertheless, I run several instances of MT4 from different brokers. All of them work properly and all the installations of the earlier builds of MT4 were smooth. Only the current version cannot be installed because of that proxy thing.

I wish I could say that this is only funny (and it is funny). But it is kind of a sad too that what we were thinking about just might be true

Files: