Do you prefer to use EA? - page 5

bb805:
I like EA's though its rare to find one that i can really get behind.. Im a big DD guy.. I stay away from it best i can.. So when i see EA's that can make 100000% a month-- but have even larger % DD's i stay clear.. Give me a smaller % monthly with less risk and im happy..

I think there are Forex brokers that at least offer financial outlook, technical and market news and the like for free. It is sort like giving advise to a trader which trades to make. What a trader should do is to just analyze and interpret the data and information presented. There are brokers who do it every day while others do it per week.

rrayne20009:
Well,I wish you goodluck and good learning in your forex trading.Hope we can interact more often as we progress our learning.

Thanks. I wish the same for you. Good luck.

I never tried to trade using an EA but soon maybe I will. As of now I am trading manually and trading manually really helps me a lot how to trade well and not just depend on EA.

april:
I never tried to trade using an EA but soon maybe I will. As of now I am trading manually and trading manually really helps me a lot how to trade well and not just depend on EA.

I agree.Manual trading will help us practice our trading skills.It helps us enhance our trade decision-making and analyze our own trading strategy.

No

Only Manual ..

seekers:
Because it should be done step by step. And live account and EAs are the last steps of learning, not the first ones.

Here is just one quote :

"The average individual foreign-exchange-trading victim loses about $15,000, according to CFTC records" according to The Wall Street Journal.[SUP][3][/SUP] The North American Securities Administrators Association says that "off-exchange forex trading by retail investors is at best extremely risky, and at worst, outright fraud."[SUP][4][/SUP]

"In a typical case, investors may be promised tens of thousands of dollars in profits in just a few weeks or months, with an initial investment of only $5,000. Often, the investor’s money is never actually placed in the market through a legitimate dealer, but simply diverted – stolen – for the personal benefit of the con artists."[SUP][5][/SUP]

source : Foreign exchange fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What are the odds that a newbie that starts straight away with a live account and an EA promising richness will avoid the "loses about $15.000" group?

Thanks for your feedback which is really simple sentence but it means a lot.It only means that in forex there are really points to consider and steps to follow in order to succeed.

seekers:
Because it should be done step by step. And live account and EAs are the last steps of learning, not the first ones.

Here is just one quote :

"The average individual foreign-exchange-trading victim loses about $15,000, according to CFTC records" according to The Wall Street Journal.[SUP][3][/SUP] The North American Securities Administrators Association says that "off-exchange forex trading by retail investors is at best extremely risky, and at worst, outright fraud."[SUP][4][/SUP]

"In a typical case, investors may be promised tens of thousands of dollars in profits in just a few weeks or months, with an initial investment of only $5,000. Often, the investor’s money is never actually placed in the market through a legitimate dealer, but simply diverted – stolen – for the personal benefit of the con artists."[SUP][5][/SUP]

What are the odds that a newbie that starts straight away with a live account and an EA promising richness will avoid the "loses about $15.000" group?

Thanks seekers.This may seems for a late thanks but i appreciated your impartd knowledge last month with me and everybody on this thread.Keep it up.

seekers:

Here is just one quote :

Thanks for your informative feedback.

No I do not find helpful EA in trading. They do not develop trading skills in any trader. They make them dependent . We just wait what EA will do we can not use our own abilities to change trading decisions. I mostly avoid trading with EA's.

Yes I highly prefer using EA strategies. I started live trading as a complete amateur so this was my only guidance. I won’t say all strategies from all softwares are profitable, but some are highly reliable. I can surely say this about FinPro’s trading software. I have been using their EA for the past 2 years now. And the results have been good. I make regular and consistent profits without much risk and effort as I have identified the best strategies. So now I just put them on and wait.