How long you hold your positions? - page 2

Holding positions vary from trader to trader depending on what type trader you are and what is your trading strategy. If you are intraday trader you wont hold your position overnight and you cannot spend more time trading then position position will suits you and you can trade long term as long as the trend holds and it might be from days to months. Dont use short term trading strategy on position trading, it wont works and vice versa.

advertised . will depend, scalpers may possibly keep a deal for a few minutes, swingers may possibly buy days to weeks, situation trading is actually trading and departing this buy months and even months, I would leave a deal opting for months, although is actually started off using my personal dealer hotforex as a scalper, it absolutely was not necessarily personally, and so i swing movement mostly creating a several deals 7 days and departing this there unti this strikes the particular level.

I still think swinging is better and safer for news traders. positions go as far as 7 days are good.

I never trading during the news, specially on high impact news. It's just because I don't have any good strategy on trading the news, although I know there's a big opportunity to make money in just a short time in it, but I know too there is a higher risk on trading the news. But I believe there are so many traders who have their good strategy in it, and can make good profit on trading the news.

As a day trader, I hold my positions all day long and make sure I have a suitable exit point to close out before the day’s trade elapses.

rapidtrader:
As a day trader, I hold my positions all day long and make sure I have a suitable exit point to close out before the day’s trade elapses.

Limiting trade by duration time is leading to loses ignoring price changes

Why not using take profits (and stop losses) regardless of the duration?

I go for small trades and not huge pips, so a few hours at the most.

jotekfinance:
I go for small trades and not huge pips, so a few hours at the most.

That is in a case that it goes your direction. What d you do when it goes against you?

I'm intraday trader so i never hold my position in a night. I usually put SL when trading too. We just have to understand market movement to get maximal result. And the more important is when we entry market but when we will exit market.

CahCuncun:
I'm intraday trader so i never hold my position in a night. I usually put SL when trading too. We just have to understand market movement to get maximal result. And the more important is when we entry market but when we will exit market.

Why are you closing positions depending on time?