What leverage you prefer? - page 5

on my own:
Leverage 1:500 is suicidal

Leverage 1:500 is enough for trading. Using that leverage, we also can start trading with small amount. For new traders, surely it will be helpful for them. But we also must understand how to maximize leverage in forex. We must be discipline.

In my trading life, I have seen many Forex traders prefer to take high leverage for trading; as a result they become lose hugely. Therefore, I took a high leverage in my demo account to see its reaction how it works. But in my live account I use 1:500 which I got . In spite of having little balance I am able to trade with a big lot for having influential leverage in this platform.

rasel munna:
In my trading life, I have seen many Forex traders prefer to take high leverage for trading; as a result they become lose hugely. Therefore, I took a high leverage in my demo account to see its reaction how it works. But in my live account I use 1:500 which I got . In spite of having little balance I am able to trade with a big lot for having influential leverage in this platform.

Using leverage 1:500 lets your account live for a couple of days. You should try it out before "recommending" it to people that are not suspecting what awaits them with that kind of leverage (since it is obvious that you have never trued it out)

This might help to anybody that does not want to read fairy tales about leverage : Forex Professional Leverage - How Professional Traders Use Leverage in Forex Trading

He is using the usual bate for the naive traders : just another spamm

High leverage is a suicide not just for traders but for brokers too if they do what 99% of metatrader brokers do (read what caused FXCM problems)

whisperer:
High leverage is a suicide not just for traders but for brokers too if they do what 99% of metatrader brokers do (read what caused FXCM problems)

We should be able to maximize leverage which we get from our broker. In Freshforex, i also try to maximize 1:500, the maximum leverage for trading which i get from this broker. It's helpful enough to start trading with small amount

For new one, suggest lower leverage to avoid the lost, if you are confident for your skill and deposit, you can try higher leverage, but high leverage also means higher lost.

Professional traders (institutional traders) use maximum 1:7 to 1:8 leverage. Everything above that is considered too risky

Beginners should always start with a low leverage for small amounts. For experts it will depend on how much they are willing to risk.

According to my trading experience, I have seen that almost all traders are willing to trade in a high leverage. In my trading life, I always try to make profit by busing small leverage although I am getting 1:400 leverage. But, in my demo trading I took, high leverage to see the performance how it works.