Know Sure Thing - page 3

mrtools:
This version back tests now this is the cross and slope version but added a condition for it to only enter buys if the slope and cross happen below zero and sells if down cross and down slope happen above zero.

Sorry I just replied to your earlier message. When I wrote that message your above post had not been there. "This verion of EA" in my earlier post actually refer to KST_EA1.

I'll try the EA you just posted.

Pooh to be honest i think it will trade on W1 very possibly could be the data,back tester or both, instead of waiting 6 months to find out best i can think of is open a bunch of weekly charts find one close to matching the conditions and see what happens, i tested it up to D1 and it worked, so am fairly confident it will on W1.But will do more research and see if there's more that can be done to either test it for W1 or more code to add.

Hi Mr Tools,

Just backtested your EA using data from 1/2/2002 -12/30/2011 with default setting on eurusd. I only changed the timeframe setting to 10080 It opened many trades in late 2004 and early 2005 and were all stopped out in 2005 due to accout blow out. Then I set all sl,tp,etc to 0 and turn close at trend change to true and retested. Got similar result. When I set timeframe at 0 it appears to work normally.

So both your version of the EA and mine seem to have the same problem: they don't work properly if we base the signal on w1 KST. Could you please first look into mine version ? Cause mine is much simpler.

Thanks

Files:
kst225.gif  8 kb

Sorry i forgot to change the take profit and stoploss by default take profit is 10 and stoploss 50 probably should be something like 5000 for take profit and 500 for stoploss. Would think would want to start small and gradually add to your lots as the trade starts going your way, would be like a big time savings account.BTW thanks for the ebook.

One more information. I firsted started working on this EA back in last year. At that time I used the indicator KST_v1 directly and ran into the same problem. Then I dropped it for some time. Then I picked it up last week. This time I tried a different approach. I created that for EA indicator with -1 and 1 values. This time the EA placed many orders, in fact too many orders. You know at w1 timeframe the forEA would have months with straight -1 or +1 values. The EA should place or close order no more than 1 time during those periods because there's no change of that value. However, the EA still placed many orders during those periods. That's when I came to you for help.

This KST really got me. Know sure thing now becomes know nothing .